Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I`m from Stamford Hill, London AMA
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 14  15  16  Next

amother
  Brickred  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 5:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Rent. Doubt we will be able to buy unless we win the lottery Sad Sad
BH not overcrowded at the moment but it`s unlikely we will ever move to a bigger place with all the crazy rent prices... We are lucky we don`t pay loads out of pocket. Let`s just hope our landlord doesn`t evict us or raise the rent. We must keep davening.

Anyhow fellow Stamford Hillies, I know we changed the clock but gotta get to sleep!!
See you on the hill tomorrow? Wink Tongue Out

Would you look to move to one of the new areas, westcliff or canvey?

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 6:00 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Where did you hear that Esti Shushitzky is making a ladies show?

It was advertised. Tryouts

amother
Oleander  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 6:29 pm
Im coming to stamford hill iyh. Do you have an app to order kosher food there. Is uber eats an option?

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 6:31 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Im coming to stamford hill iyh. Do you have an app to order kosher food there. Is uber eats an option?

I use DING very often. Its super fast and you can track the driver

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 6:34 pm
amother Oleander wrote:

Ding Now

amother
  Oleander

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 6:39 pm
amother White wrote:
I use DING very often. Its super fast and you can track the driver

Great! thank you both!

anything else I need to know to make things more convenient for me. I'm coming by myself for a simcha.

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 6:59 pm
Such fun!
Enjoy Smile
London transportation is excellent. Busses run through SH and you can use a contactless card to pay-no need to buy a ticket or bus card
Any questions you have post here we can help.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:04 am
amother Navy wrote:
On a good note of Stamford Hill I went to an Aufruf today and the amount of yiden walking down Dunsmure Road I felt I was in Eretz Yisroel.

As someone living in EY will say that when I came to Stamford Hill for a visit I also felt like this once, I even thought to myself, why not just live in England it's so much easier and there are so many yidden

Then on the underground on the way back we got verbally screamed at for not doing anything wrong just because we were Jewish,

Hashem was showing us

BatZion  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 1:07 am
amother Navy wrote:
On a good note of Stamford Hill I went to an Aufruf today and the amount of yiden walking down Dunsmure Road I felt I was in Eretz Yisroel.

As someone who grew up in England and now lives in EY, this statement makes me awfully sad.

England will never be EY. Ever.

BatZion

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 1:09 am
amother Thistle wrote:
As someone living in EY will say that when I came to Stamford Hill for a visit I also felt like this once, I even thought to myself, why not just live in England it's so much easier and there are so many yidden

Then on the underground on the way back we got verbally screamed at for not doing anything wrong just because we were Jewish,

Hashem was showing us

This.
Antisemitism rearing its ugly head.
Maybe just reminding us.
We shouldn't be getting too overly comfortable anywhere.
Still in galut. Also here in EY. But incomparable.
Anyhooo, carry on singing the praises of SH, I'll get outta your way Smile

amother
  Navy  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:11 am
Nowhere is safe nowadays. We need mashiach now.

amother
  Maroon  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:09 am
Before schools took on the role they do today, parents were much more proactive. I don't love everything my kids are taught, but I embrace my own power as a mother and help them see right for wrong and keep imbuing them with our values in the way I want them conveyed.

Don't let a school/cheder raise your child. Be proactive about your child's chinuch.

amother
Papayawhip  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:43 am
amother Valerian wrote:
2006! Had to lug my yearbook out for that Wink

You must be my classmate then 😜

amother
  Linen  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 3:57 am
English3 wrote:
Omg this thread is getting more entertaining by the minute.

Totally LOL
As a fellow Stamford hilly, this thread is so quintessentially Stamford hilly.
Both the bad and the good.

amother
  Tuberose

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 4:24 am
amother Oleander wrote:

I have definitely used ubereats or deliveroo in SH.

amother
  White  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 4:25 am
BatZion wrote:
As someone who grew up in England and now lives in EY, this statement makes me awfully sad.

England will never be EY. Ever.

Of course not!!!
How can you compare.
She was saying it FELT like, cuz all the streams of yidden walking home from shul....

amother
  Sage  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 5:37 am
I am allowed to ask on here where I can get a ful black slip in stamford hill?

cotton top and the rest slip material?

piz1  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 5:46 am
Im most definately the oldest member of "Stamford Hillys" in my days we only has good ol Yesodei Hatora (Satmar opened up some time when I was growing up) Life was simplistic and beautiful... most families were survivors(even though mine were not) and people understood the true meaning of life. I do not live there for many years but am saddened to hear of the way of life plus the many divorces that have become the norm today. Mrs Mandel our headmistress came from Israel and tried to instill in us a true appreciation of Tora life... unfortunately the gashmius world we live in has diminished our senses... and we have to really fight to make our kids see through all this falsehood...The young generation do not have an easy job, hopefully we will be zoiche to Mashiach very soon and will all see the true meaning of life.

amother
Sand  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 5:49 am
Im most definately the oldest member of "Stamford Hillys" in my days we only has good ol Yesodei Hatora (Satmar opened up some time when I was growing up) Life was simplistic and beautiful... most families were survivors(even though mine were not) and people understood the true meaning of life. I do not live there for many years but am saddened to hear of the way of life plus the many divorces that have become the norm today. Mrs Mandel our headmistress came from Israel and tried to instill in us a true appreciation of Tora life... unfortunately the gashmius world we live in has diminished our senses... and we have to really fight to make our kids see through all this falsehood...The young generation do not have an easy job, hopefully we will be zoiche to Mashiach very soon and will all see the true meaning of life. Crying

amother
  Navy  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 5:51 am
Mrs Mandel used to be the head of London Sem as far as I remember.
Page 12 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics