Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Do you prefer yom tov or a random Tuesday in January?
Previous  1  2

Which do you prefer
Yom Tov  
 60%  [ 64 ]
Random Tuesday in January  
 37%  [ 39 ]
Other  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 105

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 1:02 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
I think it teaches us to be flexible. Yom Tov is a gift to us from Hashem for our enjoyment. Not to torture us. If we dread it, there's something wrong with us and we need to tweak that by planning in advance. And that is custom made by each person.
Hugs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a full time working mother with young kids who makes a basic menu, plans in advance, and still struggles with the lack of structure, extra work and prep, additional lack of sleep, kids off schedule, difficult extended family, and all the added cleanup and demand that yom tov entails.

I am at a point in my life where yom tov is torture and no amount of planning will change that. The only thing that will make it better is my children getting older and being more self sufficient. I am not the problem. My life stage is. Freezing kugal in advance and making less side dishes won't do anything to change that.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 2:19 am
As much as I love yuntif, it is really, really difficult to entertain my toddler all day. No one I know is really available in the mornings before and during shul, plus nap time is too inconsistent to easily make afternoon plans. My son cannot stand staying home, and I physically can't chase him around the playground every moment my husband is in shul. During the week he has playgroup or I can take him to my grandparents, the library, the children's museum, etc. Even just going to the grocery store makes him happy. I think like others have said, it's a fairly normal life stage struggle
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics