Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How many of you ima’s go to therapy?
Previous  1  2

amother
Caramel

Post Today at 3:36 pm
I never went to therapy, I have a hard time setting myself in a vulnerable place, and I have a hard time listening to others. Sometimes, I wish I had the courage to reach out to someone, especially now that it can interfere with my marriage, and it really makes my life miserable when such a situation arises.
As long as I don't need to deal with my issue, I try to cover it under my cloak... but it flares up when something that touches those roots occurs. I wish to get help, but I'm embarrassed Broken Heart

amother
Taupe  

Post Today at 3:39 pm
My guess is that the reason is that there is a disproportionate number of people in therapy on this site relative to the rest of the population, is because many of us who have been in therapy have been either advised or triggered to cut off / sabotage relationships. We come here to fill that void.

imanotmommy

Post Today at 5:54 pm
I think people underestimated how many of the people they know are/were in therapy, whereas people are more willing to talk about it anonymously online.

amother
Burntblack

Post Today at 6:15 pm
Me. Making big strides bh. Feel much better

amother
Charcoal

Post Today at 7:04 pm
Was in therapy many years. It was a great starting point and I gained a lot. But I wouldn’t think of it as something that will heal you exactly. I definitely made strides, don’t get me wrong. But the beginning of healing didn’t come through it. There isn’t a perfect answer as to what will fully heal you, I don’t think. It’s a long and arduous journey. It still feels like I have miles to go, though I hope that isn’t true.

amother
Khaki

Post Today at 7:58 pm
OMG! wrote:
Sounds like You need guidance more than therapy. Or a good parenting method. If you speak Yiddish I can recommend someone
im a different amother but would really appreciate a recommendation.

amother
Hosta

Post Today at 8:09 pm
I've been to several. They were fine. It didn't help me at all. Im really not doing okay. I don't know why I was born. I just can't do life. At all.

amother
  Taupe

Post Today at 8:33 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
I've been to several. They were fine. It didn't help me at all. Im really not doing okay. I don't know why I was born. I just can't do life. At all.

So so sorry to hear you feel this way. How about a shiur in a sefer with a partner that will give you a taam ruchni in life. Like Tanya, "Bringing Heaven Down to Earth", R' Zelig Pliskin's books, Books on Nach, etc...
When I was feeling like you at a very desperate and low point in my life, I took a four-pronged approach: physical, mental, spiritual, emotional.
Take yourself of nutritionally - eat well, sleep well, drink enough, exercise, go for reflexology, a massage.
Emotionally - get yourself a good a self-help or inspirational book, and write, if that works for you.
Mentally - learn a new skill, build new brain cells, feel empowered by mastering a skill. (graphics, baking, sewing, etc...)
Spiritually - have a daily shiur.
It works.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics