Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Support group for Ima's w/ children who suffer migraines
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightpink  

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:44 pm
For ladies that went on a diet and saw a difference, can you please elaborate?
I suffer from terrible chronic migraines for the last 30 years and wondering if I should do that.
I've thought about it a bunch of time but when I see no gluten, no sugar, no corn...I panic.
What did a typical day looks like?
(Ps: I don't eat fruits at all so can't have a diet that suggests fruits 3×/day)

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:52 pm
My teen just started. I saw somewhere that cheese makes it worse. She went off cheese and it was better but sometimes she indulges in school and the next day she can't go to school.

amother
  Lightpink  

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 10:20 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
My teen just started. I saw somewhere that cheese makes it worse. She went off cheese and it was better but sometimes she indulges in school and the next day she can't go to school.

I can't see myself eating rice and chicken 6 times per week... Crying

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 2:03 pm
OP here Hi

Sooooo it's been a while....

My DS has been getting light migraines on and off, but he takes his pain meds immideatly and is B'H functioning, suffering, yet functuoning.
B'H, the accupuncture and quick pain relief meds are working

Today he took an Iboprufen at 12om for a muscle sore
At 2pm, he calls me from school that he starts a migraine, but all he has iboprufen which he took 2 hours earlier.
Thank G'd, he's teacher handed him his own last paracetamol, and after about an 40 min, he was fine again.

Of course, I have an event tonight.
And as I'm getting ready, he looks pale and says "It's starting again"
No problem, iboprufen to the rescue.
Except, it didn't help!
He's in a dark room, suffering.
And he took Melatonin, since he thought like this he'd fall asleep & won't suffer......

I'm gratefull that it's been such a long time since last time, and yet each time it hurts me so much to see him suffer.

Thank you for listening/reading...

amother
Jasmine  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 2:30 pm
I've suffered from migraines from my preteens until now, close to 30 years. Is triptans not an option for your son? It's the only thing that helps me at all. I wish l had started sooner and saved myself years of suffering. Unfortunately dietary changes didn't help me in any way.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:29 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I've suffered from migraines from my preteens until now, close to 30 years. Is triptans not an option for your son? It's the only thing that helps me at all. I wish l had started sooner and saved myself years of suffering. Unfortunately dietary changes didn't help me in any way.

The Doctor gave it to me as a nosespray called Zonic, I believe it's the same thing.
But he advised mw not to use it, unless it's really really bad.
As in when he suffers longer then 24 hours.
I think it has to do with his age perhaps?
My DS is 11 years old, and I haven't been back by the neurologist in the past 1.5 years....

amother
  Jasmine

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Doctor gave it to me as a nosespray called Zonic, I believe it's the same thing.
My DS is 11 years old, and I haven't been back by the neurologist in the past 1.5 years....

Maybe you should check again. It's hard to describe the suffering of a migraine for 24 hours.

amother
  Lightpink

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:31 pm
amother OP wrote:

Migraine has more chances of getting better, the earlier it's treated!! So triptan as soon as Migraine start might get rid of it with only 1 dose rather than a bunch of stuff!

amother
  OP

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 8:18 pm
Op here

We hit a new level today!

He woke up w/ a migraine.
Gave him Panadol 500mg, 20min later it got much worse, so I give him Novalgin/Optalgin 500mg.
After 20 he's ready to burst, so I give him Ibobrufen.
After that, I just watched him suffer and fall asleep for a bit, wake up, suffer some more....
Until 11.30 ish. Then B'H he started feeling better.
No reason why. Meds do not take 3 hours to kick in normally.
Anyway he was fine but weak.
Eating a full Shabbos Seudo.
While I was having my Shabbos nap, it must have restarted, because at 16.30 he came back complaining of strong headaches. I gave him another iboprufen, but knew from the morning, it isn't going to help.
I walked over to my Dr., and asked what to do.
He advised to give the special nosespray and another 500mg Novalgin.
Guess what? It didn't work.
Meanwhile, he's again sleeping suffering, sleeping suffering.
I'm counting down the time until Motze Shabbes, so I can either call the Dr. or the Hospital for help/advice.
20 min before Motze, he throws up & feels soooo much better. B"H
An hour later it restart...
My Dr. found a study, that claims Aspirin might help. I run to the pharmacy.
Give it to him, an hour later he wakes up & throws up.
I put him in a bath, he feels well enough to hum a tune.
He gets out & says :"It's starting again"
Now, I pack the kid up and head to the hospital.
On the way he throws up again.
We arrive, after half an hour they give Paracetamol & Iboprufen.
30 min later, he tells me, he's feeling better.

I don't know wether to laugh or cry.
I gave him those meds all day long and they didn't work.
I have to shlep all the way to the hospital for them work?!
He's sleeping now, and I'm still in my Shabbosclothing and Sheitel sitting & typing this Megillah.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy & relieved that they're working and he isn't suffering anymore.
But I wan't this migraine wave to be totally over, and not to be dismissed, return home and an hour later to start all over again.
On the other hand, the thought of my bed and my PJ's are tempting too...
It's been 18 hours now...

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 8:48 pm
I’m sorry for your childs suffering. Maybe I missed it but is there a reason you don’t give him triptans?
I’m not familiar with the painkillers you mentioned but from looking them up quickly they don’t seem specifically recommended for migraines.

Please give your son a triptan. Maxalt is the best in my opinion but maybe another tripan will work better for him. He should try them all until he finds one that works. Don’t give him any other pain killers. Triptans are the least harmful and the most helpful. They can work without needing a single Tylenol or advil or anything else.

amother
Black

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 8:57 pm
I’m sorry op. It sounds so rough! Does anyone have experience with abdominal migraines? Presents the same as regular migraines except the pain starts in the stomach… my pediatrician suspected it and after going to a GI and neurologist it was confirmed. So frightening to experience. It was much worse when my daughter was younger, now it happens around once a year and always at a time with sleep disruption (vacation, pesach after the Seder etc) so we know the trigger. But watching your child suffering from pain on that level is a horrible feeling…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics