Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o friends couple vacations together
Previous  1  2

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:43 pm
I could see it being helpful for babysitting purposes. Switching off watching kids so the couple gets out alone. But otherwise I’m not sure I would be into it.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:51 pm
I didn't see the other thread, but I was just thinking about this kind of thing. My parents BH have a nice big place upstate, and I used to have my close friend over for Shabbos often. Now we're both married and I haven't spent Shabbos with her since... I was thinking about inviting them. Husbands are friends too so they (probably) wouldn't mind...
What do you think?

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:54 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
You know these people personally?

I do know one. And they weren't young couples either.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:56 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
That’s wild! My dream is to vacation with my DH. Never occurred to me to bring along another couple… it would feel less romantic

Not all vacations are meant to be romantic. There are fun, family vacations, and there are fun couple vacations, and then there are intimate, romantic couple vacations. We have going away with friends before. We rented a house together, with enough bedrooms and private bathrooms. Both couples had children, although a few of ours were older than their oldest. If we could make our schedules work, we would do it again.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:02 pm
We don't double date so double vacationing would definitely be a no no.
Maybe large families each with their own apartment/suite but do trips together.
As my rav used to say to young couples just because you got married doesnt mean that everything you learned about mixing with men goes out the window.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:03 pm
Hoping to do go away for a bit with dh and kids and he won’t go to the beach! Would love if another couple with kids came with us so me and her can bring kids to beach and they can learn. Not same house but same hotel and not committed to each other every day

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:09 pm
I would only do it with a whole bunch of people-either a lot of couples, or 2 families with a bunch of kids. When I was a teen we went on vacation with another family, it was great. They were basically family. Our mothers were best friends, our fathers too, and the kids were all around the same age and got along well.

frumNYC

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I do.

There is a reason you asked the question, if you were 100% comfortable with it there would be no question. Trust your gut!

Machel

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:26 pm
We have friends with kids whose ages are similar to ours. We go to a cottage together every other year. We have done it twice now and it's always so much fun and so much easier than going alone. There has never been any hint of anything inappropriate, nor did anything even cross our minds.

ftm1234

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:04 pm
Never.

Not in a million years.

I wouldn't even go with family, unless everyone is taking their kids.

amother
Babypink  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
That’s wild! My dream is to vacation with my DH. Never occurred to me to bring along another couple… it would feel less romantic

Why can't you do both? Romantic vacation with dh and a separate fun one with friends?

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:23 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Why can't you do both? Romantic vacation with dh and a separate fun one with friends?

Most people I know don't vacation every other week. Or month. If I do get to go away with my husband once a blue moon I don't need friends there. Sure if I'd go several times a year I'd do with friends, family, neighbors, etc. Can get very boring to keep going with the husband.

amother
  Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Most people I know don't vacation every other week. Or month. If I do get to go away with my husband once a blue moon I don't need friends there. Sure if I'd go several times a year I'd do with friends, family, neighbors, etc. Can get very boring to keep going with the husband.

Lots of people go away for the weekends in the summer. That's a period over 2 months, so there is time for both styles of vacations.

If you only give away once in a blue moon, then I agree with you that a romantic one with dh takes priority.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m talking about they both have 1 baby.

I’m asking cause we did it once already and was so fun! Totally wasn’t inappropriate but the other thread has me wondering

I guess for me I’m just wondering why? I’m in the same stage as you and would never in a million years want friends to come with us. Maybe once we all have a lot of kids and they can all play together but with a baby it’s kind of more like a couples vacation and I would want to spend that with my husband

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:27 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
DH doesnt think its appropriate to even do a shabbos meal with another couple thats friends not family

That's easy if you're not a BT but if you are you'd spend every shabbos and yontif alone

amother
  Dahlia

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
That's easy if you're not a BT but if you are you'd spend every shabbos and yontif alone

Many FFB people spend every shabbos & yomtov alone. I don't see it as alone, we're with our family.

chestnut

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:51 pm
There's a difference between only couples or families.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 11:38 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

Well obviously this would be a different type of vacation.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics