Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
Previous  1  2

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 2:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh my! I did not think about the people flying in. Will you be asking the camp for some compensation?

Alsonwhy wouldn't they tell us the reason for not opening? Especially if it is a legitimate reason

I emailed them on Tuesday and left a message on the office number today. No response from them. Has anyone heard from them?? Can we be confident they’re actually opening on the 10th?

UQT

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 4:58 pm
They replied today the following:

My apologizes for not getting back to you sooner.
If your daughter needs to leave early, bussing will be provided and we will refund you for the last week in camp.
We will send out an email next week  with instructions to sign up for an early bus home. 
Thank you for your understanding.
Wishing you a Gut Shabbos.

This is putting the parents in an awkward position. I feel strongly about teaching my daughter responsibility about showing up for her job. However, to take away a week of camp. So unfair! They should figure out a way to start on time. Even in a different location.

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 5:45 pm
UQT wrote:
They replied today the following:

My apologizes for not getting back to you sooner.
If your daughter needs to leave early, bussing will be provided and we will refund you for the last week in camp.
We will send out an email next week  with instructions to sign up for an early bus home. 
Thank you for your understanding.
Wishing you a Gut Shabbos.

This is putting the parents in an awkward position. I feel strongly about teaching my daughter responsibility about showing up for her job. However, to take away a week of camp. So unfair! They should figure out a way to start on time. Even in a different location.

This is every camps worst nightmare. If there was some way to avoid it they would. There’s obviously an issue they can’t fix. Renting a new camp might be an expense that would bankrupt them. It stinks but that’s life it happens. They def aren’t doing this on purpose.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 6:08 pm
What about the staff? Waitresses, counselors, lifeguards, etc..
They usually have other jobs lined up second half.
But on the other hand, leaving to get there on time means the camp will be seriously short staffed.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 6:10 pm
Why wouldn’t they run a three week program and refund the money?
Have less revenue but less expenses.
(Also weren’t they the ones who didn’t have a second half bec they were renting out their grounds second half? So what’s happening there?)

amother
Beige

Post Yesterday at 11:43 am
amother Beige wrote:
Why wouldn’t they run a three week program and refund the money?
Have less revenue but less expenses.
(Also weren’t they the ones who didn’t have a second half bec they were renting out their grounds second half? So what’s happening there?)

Anyone know?

amother
Babyblue

Post Yesterday at 12:31 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Anyone know?

its a boys mesivta camp for secodn half and its only for 3 weeks so malka has that leeway to add an extra week into second half

amother
Apricot

Post Yesterday at 12:39 pm
I thought camp levavi was being there second half?

lakewood mom

Post Yesterday at 12:46 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
The only reason I could think of for this is liability insurance for the new grounds not coming through yet.

There’s no way this would be about a swimming pool.

Girls planning on going to a different sleep away camp for second half are really stuck now.

I have no idea what my daughter is going to do for a full week after every single one of her friends plus her sisters leave to camp on July 2-3.

Not to mention I live very far from the new grounds and am now stuck with a useless non refundable plane ticket for July 3rd.

They should pay you back for the plane ticket. It’s on them!

amother
Taupe

Post Yesterday at 1:09 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I thought camp levavi was being there second half?

They are in their old grounds in Greenville.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps