Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Happy Mother's Day.
Previous  1  2

Carefulmom

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 8:53 pm
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL. My MIL would have been hurt if I hadn't wished her happy mother's day. One daughter sent a card. That's it.

Unfortunately my own mother was niftar on Mother's Day & I replayed the day in my mind. So it is a harder day for me and my "kid" sister.

Everyday is MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Love to all mothers.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 9:15 pm
This is my first Mother's Day as a mother. My dd is 2 weeks old today. We spent the day visiting my parents and in-laws. Dh bought me a plant which he is planting in our backyard as I type.

bigdeal

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 9:30 am
greenfire wrote:
I thought I would just quit being a mother - it seemed a lot easier ... but then I realized that on mother's day - especially since we are celebrating mothers - well all the more so it should not be a time to give in ... isn't it ironic that as a celebration for all our devotion and time we want the day off.

Instead as my dear friend said I SALUTE YOU - to all you mothers the ones who are alone, to the mothers who are raising their siblings, to the mothers who at times become mothers to their mothers, to the mothers longing to be mothers, to the mothers who help mother others children, to the mothers we wish and hope to be, to the mothers we want our husbands to appreciate, and most of all to the mothers who want their children to know how much we love them - no matter what!!!

this was on a card my dear friend sent me ... just wanted to share:

"My friend, do you know what a beautiful person you are? Do you know that you're important in this world, needed by your family, and absolutely essential to me as a friend? All the strength you'll ever need is right there in that courageous heart of yours. So hang on to that smile, that resolve, and keep trusting in tomorrow. And never forget that I'm your friend, and I'll always be nearby to help you do just that. Thinking of you on MOTHER'S DAY."

So how did she know that I needed to hear exactly this just now in my life, I do not know, but she is a friend and yes we all need to hear this from someone. For all of you I wish you the same with love from my heart to yours.
Flower Flower Flower Flower Flower Flower Flower Flower

This is beautiful and very well written
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics