Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Socks for baby??
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Today at 4:20 am
My baby is almost 1 but still crawling, am I supposed to put him in socks?? hes probably so cold without but I feel like he needs the grip of no socks. he wears sets usually like lil legs, elys and co etc. so im not sure if he looks funny without socks. Also while im at it whats with undershirts? should he be wearing one? Plz help a mother with no guidance! thanks

Busybee5

Post Today at 5:00 am
Yes, it gets cold on the floor. You can get socks with grips . All baby socks that I buy come with grips. I live in the UK so not sure I can be of help but a baby definitely needs socks or tights in the winter.

amother
Cantaloupe  

Post Today at 5:02 am
On cold days I put tights on underneath- you can't tell especially with leggings. Just looks like socks that stay on well.

Otherwise put on booties for babies that stay on like
https://www.amazon.com/UGG-Tas.....ss_tl
or
https://www.ladida.com/collect.....oes-1

imaima  

Post Today at 5:08 am
amother OP wrote:
My baby is almost 1 but still crawling, am I supposed to put him in socks?? hes probably so cold without but I feel like he needs the grip of no socks. he wears sets usually like lil legs, elys and co etc. so im not sure if he looks funny without socks. Also while im at it whats with undershirts? should he be wearing one? Plz help a mother with no guidance! thanks

Socks with soft leather shoes

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:11 am
oh interesting so you put on shoes even though the baby is not walking yet? why?

DrMom

Post Today at 5:15 am
Socks with little gummy non-slip dots on the soles.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:36 am
https://starryknightdesign.com.....46049 is this a good option? Is it stylish? Good for babies feet?

imaima  

Post Today at 6:10 am
amother OP wrote:
oh interesting so you put on shoes even though the baby is not walking yet? why?

Because the are pulling up and will be walking within months. Soft leather shoes are basically lose leather socks with an elastic around the ankle. They don’t slip and help keep socks on. They also don’t hinder foot development because they mimic barefoot walking

amother
  Cantaloupe  

Post Today at 6:12 am
amother OP wrote:
https://starryknightdesign.com/collections/fall-favs-22/products/sepia-caramel-chai-leather-loafers-shoes-baby-and-toddler?variant=41053422846049 is this a good option? Is it stylish? Good for babies feet?

You don't have to be worried about babies feet at this stage unless you buy actual shoes and not just booties.
Why don't you look at my links above- they were much cuter.

imaima  

Post Today at 6:12 am
amother OP wrote:
https://starryknightdesign.com/collections/fall-favs-22/products/sepia-caramel-chai-leather-loafers-shoes-baby-and-toddler?variant=41053422846049 is this a good option? Is it stylish? Good for babies feet?

Yes that’s what I mean.
I don’t know about stylish, you can always find a different style/color. DrMom‘s option can work too.

amother
DarkGray

Post Today at 6:19 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
You don't have to be worried about babies feet at this stage unless you buy actual shoes and not just booties.
Why don't you look at my links above- they were much cuter.

They’re more expensive

amother
  Cantaloupe

Post Today at 6:23 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
They’re more expensive

actually plenty were much cheaper What

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:26 am
Thanks everyone! I understand now Smile im just not the type thats starring at everyone elses kids and seeing what they are wearing and I want my baby to have whats normal!

Brit in Israel

Post Today at 6:38 am
amother OP wrote:

Socks or stockings.
Undershirt as when they crawl their top lifts up and the floor is cold.

amother
Foxglove

Post Today at 7:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone! I understand now Smile im just not the type thats starring at everyone elses kids and seeing what they are wearing and I want my baby to have whats normal!

Trust me, you baby who doesn't even walk yet has no need to be stylish or fashionable or wearing what all the other babies are wearing.

amother
Gold  

Post Today at 7:21 am
At home if your floor is not very cold baby is best with bare feet. Out of house socks are just fine. Preferably with grip on bottom. Assuming for long time out like in carriage babys feet will be under a bunting or blanket. Booties are not necessary unless baby will be navigating surfaces that are not smooth ie. Playground or cement. In which case booties are necessary. Keep in mind the goal is to protect the feet the booties will get ruined quickly.
If home floor is cold socks or tights (baby that won't keep socks on) are necessary. Very cold home or floor warrants tights (under pants) and socks
Undershirts should always be worn for baby's and children. Gives finished look. Keeps back belly covered. Keeps body dry and cleaner.

bsy

Post Today at 7:52 am
I use robeez, with or without socks. They stay on and give grip for standing/walking. And I also use undershirts at that age

amother
Poppy

Post Today at 7:54 am
If your baby doesn't want to wear the socks, he'll take them off. He might take one off just for fun even if he doesn't mind them.

amother
Yellow

Post Today at 7:57 am
If baby is still in diapers it’s way better if they are in undershirts. First of all it’s another layer to keep them warm, it’s protecting their back if shirt pulls up, and it keeps the diaper in place so prevents lots of leaks! I like to get from Next, best quality and cheapest. Or if you find in Target but they are sold out of sizes a lot.
https://www.next.us/en/style/s.....63726

amother
Mocha

Post Today at 8:39 am
I actually stopped with undershirts in the summer but started again for the cold weather , gives them an extra layer.
I like the h&m socks with grip
Have tile floor and gives him warmth , but yes some babies pull them off so maybe that's why tights could be better- wouldn't think of putting on boy personally.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics