Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Post Yuntif cleanup when do you start?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Today at 5:08 am
Do you start cleaning up right after yontif?
I’m procrastinating ahhh but here’s the list-
3 loads for the dishwasher- sounds gross to think I stuffed everything in the dishwasher from 2nd days
I have maybe 6 loads of laundry not including the linens and towels from company.

Cleaning lady’s coming to do the heavy cleaning bathrooms, kitchen

amother
Rose

Post Today at 5:09 am
All done last night. Yes, 5 loads of laundry.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Today at 5:12 am
Clean up happened last night and sorting laundry. Started a load and then went to bed. Have to do maybe 6 loads today and help dh take down the sukkah.

amother
Papaya  

Post Today at 5:13 am
I ran and then unloaded the finished dishwasher, stored the plata, and did two loads of laundry. Did a quick basic clean of counters and floor and emptied garbage cans. Cleaned out the fridge a bit. Will be remaking beds with clean sheets when cleaning people come on Friday. It’s a process and fortunately we have Sunday. I recognize our sisters in Israel do not get today. Looked at the calendar for Pesach and saw that in the US, both Sundays are chag.

amother
Mustard

Post Today at 5:18 am
Hopefully doing cleaning part all today. 4 or 5 loads of laundry, change beds, deep clean kitchen and bathroom, vacuum rest of house. Tomorrow we need to grocery shop and I will do some cooking to replenish my freezer.

amother
Gardenia

Post Today at 5:53 am
I've barely started. Need to finish doing the cleaning up of my house along with all my laundry. Normally, I wouldn't rush to do my towels and linen loads, but since we had guests for first days and then we are hosting for a Simcha this shabbos, all my linens must get washed so I cam make beds this week yet again. (And I don't have cleaning help)

Last edited by amother on Sun, Oct 27 2024, 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Watermelon

Post Today at 6:09 am
Dishes, sweeping all started minute after zman was finished before havdala. Next major job was baths for all little ones while men folk dismantled succa. Coloreds and most dark delicate hang dry done.
Rest today

amother
cornflower

Post Today at 6:29 am
Wanted to start right after YT was over but of course baby woke up screaming and spitting up so everything got pushed off for a while. Finally managed to get dishes done and two loads of laundry. More to come today.

amother
  Papaya

Post Today at 7:09 am
I was so proud that I had started the cleanup until I discovered the fleishig silverware that someone put in my milchig dishwasher and yes it ran with a full dirty load. Hope this is a batel veshishim solution. Ugh. Emailing my LOR.

shabbatiscoming  

Post Today at 8:01 am
All last night. Today was a work/school day in Israel, so back to life, back to reality.

amother
Olive

Post Today at 12:22 pm
Right after havdalah, starting with getting the wax out of the candleholders (and off the candlesticks, if need be) using the hot water left in the kettle on the blech. Next, pop a load of the most urgent laundry in the machine, send dh to take out the trash and recycling, and then go on to other things.

SingALong

Post Today at 12:29 pm
Did a few loads last night. Let most hanging to dry to put away tomorrow. Last night left my kitchen a flying wreck. Today I emptied unusable leftovers out of the fridge. Will use up rest for supper tonight (no WAY am I cooking today). Today lady came to clean bathrooms, mop floors, and change linen from guests.
Succa was taken down today, most decorations are in the storage boxes, I need to finish the rest. My boys willow iyh put away succa chairs in basement storage later, for now my porch looks like a war zone

amother
Buttercup

Post Today at 12:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
3 loads for the dishwasher- sounds gross to think I stuffed everything in the dishwasher from 2nd days
I have maybe 6 loads of laundry not including the linens and towels from company.

I cleaned the living room, dining room, and kitchen (besides dishes) on shabbos afternoon. I did the dishes on motzai shabbos. Today both me and my husband have been throwing in loads of laundry anytime we see the washer or dryer has finished. We have a huge pile of laundry needing to be folded—that part might have to wait for the Tuesday cleaning lady 🙈.

juggling

Post Today at 12:42 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
All last night. Today was a work/school day in Israel, so back to life, back to reality.

Well, on the other hand Friday wasn't chag here. I know I did a few loads of laundry on Friday and the sukkah was completely put away before shabbat, plus the food/dishes situation was not like after a three day chag.

shabbatiscoming

Post Today at 12:47 pm
juggling wrote:
Well, on the other hand Friday wasn't chag here. I know I did a few loads of laundry on Friday and the sukkah was completely put away before shabbat, plus the food/dishes situation was not like after a three day chag.

Oh, of course, we also took our sukah down on friday.

amother
Pansy

Post Today at 12:48 pm
So since everybody is superwoman here..I did NOTHING last night. Today had a cleaning lady till 3:00 and I helped her a bit. I just started the first load.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Today at 12:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

The second shabbat ended I started the dishwasher and the laundry

amother
Orange  

Post Today at 1:03 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
So since everybody is superwoman here..I did NOTHING last night. Today had a cleaning lady till 3:00 and I helped her a bit. I just started the first load.

Starting clean up right after shabbat does not make anyone superwoman.
Some women just like to get on with it. Or myself, I hate the mess. I need, for my mrntal health, to stsrt the clean up right away.

amother
Camellia

Post Today at 1:09 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I ran and then unloaded the finished dishwasher, stored the plata, and did two loads of laundry. Did a quick basic clean of counters and floor and emptied garbage cans. Cleaned out the fridge a bit. Will be remaking beds with clean sheets when cleaning people come on Friday. It’s a process and fortunately we have Sunday. I recognize our sisters in Israel do not get today. Looked at the calendar for Pesach and saw that in the US, both Sundays are chag.

but we had Friday

amother
  Orange

Post Today at 1:18 pm
amother Papaya wrote:

But we did not have chag on friday.
Many of us did a lot on friday. I know we were mostly done before shabbos even started.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry