Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
To send to playgroup or keep home
Previous  1  2

amother
Cappuccino

Post Today at 1:56 pm
I kept all of mine home until age 3-4 and we were fine. I’m also pretty much a homebody but I do force myself to go outside for at least 20 minutes a day when I have a kid at home.

amother
Moccasin

Post Today at 2:01 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I kept my 2 yr olds home while I had another baby as well.
I was considered the crunchy mom being home with 2 babies. ( I have more kids too)
I loved it and will always keep home my babies until they start school.
When I was young I thought I must send out the older one because you can't stay home with 2 babies.
I have to admit my kept at home babies have an extra dose of healthy attachment and emotional wellbeing to themselves. And they are smart kids. Mom is the BEST teacher in those early sensitive years while they are truly molding.

Happy decision making!!

So special BH these first 5 years are the most important.

amother
  Coffee

Post Today at 2:01 pm
I also want to add that time passes by so fast, it would be wonderful to spend that time together with your child and give them more 1:1 time before they grow up. Love and engagement is the best for development. The first few years of life are critical for later skills they will develop and now is the time to talk, engage, read, draw, learn about the world and gain the secure attachment to you that will help them feel confident to do things alone in the future.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Today at 2:02 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:

If your in Brooklyn their is an adorable mommy and me program where once a week a worker comes to play with your child in an age appropriate way and your kid goes to the program for an 1 hour a second day doing age appropriate activities.

Where is this in Brooklyn? I’m really interested

amother
  OP

Post Today at 2:08 pm
So many conflicting voices in my head! There’s definitely a “good excuse” piece where I can avoid having to work by staying home with my baby. So then I worry it’s becoming about me and not my child. What if they need way more engagement than I can provide at that much older age? I can definitely make a goal to get out more but that’s not a guarantee it will happen knowing myself and also the fact that all household stuff is my responsibility as the one home not bringing in income. But I really do love love having my baby with me. I feel so relieved not to have it rely and trust someone else.

amother
  Ghostwhite

Post Today at 2:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
So many conflicting voices in my head! There’s definitely a “good excuse” piece where I can avoid having to work by staying home with my baby. So then I worry it’s becoming about me and not my child. What if they need way more engagement than I can provide at that much older age? I can definitely make a goal to get out more but that’s not a guarantee it will happen knowing myself and also the fact that all household stuff is my responsibility as the one home not bringing in income. But I really do love love having my baby with me. I feel so relieved not to have it rely and trust someone else.

They don’t need more engagement than you. If you can provide it go for it. Remember this is one year in the grand scheme of things and will provide invaluable attachment that will benefit your baby for the rest of their life. Not to pressure any mother to do this, many of us aren’t up for the task! But if you are, 100% go for it.

out-of-towner

Post Today at 2:17 pm
I kept my 3 year old at home last year. It was a purely financial decision as I had a baby and I didn't want to go to work just to afford my 3 year olds tuition. BH it worked out well. It wasn't easy for me but I'm happy I did it. I did some Mommy and Me things and also went to museums and libraries and the like. BH he transitioned well into the 4 year old class.

Ironically, I've now put my one year old in play group but that's because I got offered a job that worked for me and that I'm happy doing. And at this stage of life that's what works for me now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics