Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Anyone using Cat phone that can help me

amother
OP  

Post Today at 12:46 pm
Compared to the smart, does the Cat work as well? Smooth quick response time? Great sound? Text works well? All apps work well and can transfer texts just like with a smart? Stream music? Whatsapp? Bank app?
Another issue- I was told it can only work with T Mobile and some aren't happy with that in Lkwd area. I'm currently on Selectell and I'd have to switch over.
But for various reasons that may work better for me I'm considering doing this.
Pls can anyone chim in, tysm

amother
Beige

Post Today at 1:59 pm
I used the CAT phone in Lakewood for about a year. It works on T-Mobile or plans that use T-Mobile towers so I had metro and it worked fine. It worked the same as a regular smart phone but the screen is tiny. It wasn't amazing for navigation because you couldn't really see the maps and directions at the same time. Theres also no facial/fingerprint recognition for bank apps so it's manually logging in each time.

I ultimately got rid of it because of the terrible camera quality. I love taking pictures of my kids to send to family on the fly and didn't want to invest in a digital camera

amother
Mayflower

Post Today at 3:11 pm
I have it but am not so happy with the CAT phone. My SMS messaging is a little messed up but I know of others who don't have the same issue. Some apps don't work well. I think the company no longer exists so there's no one to reach out to. It's definitely not as smooth as a regular smart phone but that was one of my reasons for preferring this- I don't want it to be so easy to use and easy to get addicted. The keypad is hard to use...

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 3:13 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I used the CAT phone in Lakewood for about a year. It works on T-Mobile or plans that use T-Mobile towers so I had metro and it worked fine. It worked the same as a regular smart phone but the screen is tiny. It wasn't amazing for navigation because you couldn't really see the maps and directions at the same time. Theres also no facial/fingerprint recognition for bank apps so it's manually logging in each time.

I ultimately got rid of it because of the terrible camera quality. I love taking pictures of my kids to send to family on the fly and didn't want to invest in a digital camera

Your points about tiny screen, with maps and bank was helpful, as well as the photography aspect- because I too know and appreciate better quality pictures. Hmm...this is honest and helpful to hear.
Disappointing.

Are there any other smart like phones in smaller flip version that are good? (I say flip because like the idea of the screen having a flip closure.)
Or no? It's either smart phone or flip phones.....

amother
  OP

Post Today at 3:20 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I have it but am not so happy with the CAT phone. My SMS messaging is a little messed up but I know of others who don't have the same issue. Some apps don't work well. I think the company no longer exists so there's no one to reach out to. It's definitely not as smooth as a regular smart phone but that was one of my reasons for preferring this- I don't want it to be so easy to use and easy to get addicted. The keypad is hard to use...

I relate bec I have similar various reasons for wanting this idea in a phone.
I appreciate your sharing.....
I'm getting the feeling that I won't love it
Shame there aren't amazing options

It's either the fig for ease of texting, along with a smart (my needs), or just use smart and that's it. (Obviously with a filter and gedarim) but still.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics