Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ways to gain height without growth hormones

Dev80  

Post Yesterday at 9:51 pm
My child is small not due to any growth hormone deficiency and we've decided (with our endocrinologist) not to go the growth hormone shots route for now.
I've seen or heard in passing about supplements or acupuncture that help with growth stimulation that can add a few inches.
Has anyone done any of these with success and can share what you used, age of child, and how many inches they gained?
While I am more than fine with my child being 4"11 to 5"1, I just want to know I explored all options.
Thank you!
I'm in Israel if that makes a difference.

amother
Burlywood

Post Yesterday at 9:56 pm
Bump

giftedmom

Post Yesterday at 10:03 pm
Mrs apter in Monsey sells herbs she swears by. Not cheap.

agreer

Post Yesterday at 10:06 pm
Height is genetic and hereditary. Are you and your husband short? If yes, your children will be too. I know that because I am short, DH is short, and our oldest is in the 30th percentile for height. He'll be relatively short too.

If you won't do shots, you just need to accept it. Work on it now. Praise them for their skills and talents and attributes and teach them about short people who accomplished great things if they ever worry about their height. There isn't much more you can do.

amother
Dodgerblue  

Post Yesterday at 10:29 pm
Forever Living has a product called argi, ask your doctor. I've used it and B"H seemed to help

Dev80  

Post Yesterday at 10:41 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Forever Living has a product called argi, ask your doctor. I've used it and B"H seemed to help

When you say it seems to help - what difference did you notice and what age child?

Dev80  

Post Yesterday at 10:45 pm
agreer wrote:
Height is genetic and hereditary. Are you and your husband short? If yes, your children will be too. I know that because I am short, DH is short, and our oldest is in the 30th percentile for height. He'll be relatively short too.

If you won't do shots, you just need to accept it. Work on it now. Praise them for their skills and talents and attributes and teach them about short people who accomplished great things if they ever worry about their height. There isn't much more you can do.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to my question... I'm not asking for tips on acceptance or how to parent my child...

I'm asking for people's experiences who used these methods. It sounds like you did not do this is not a helpful comment.

kiwi strawberry

Post Today at 1:07 am
If the child is very short you can test for celiac. They can have it without any obvious symptoms. One common result of Celiac is short stature.

I've also heard of a reflexologist in Israel who has a lot of success helping kids grow through reflexology. Let me know if you want me to dig up that info.

Hatzlacha!

amother
  Dodgerblue

Post Today at 1:19 am
Dev80 wrote:
When you say it seems to help - what difference did you notice and what age child?

12 year old, definitely grew I just never know if it's a growth spurt,

Dev80

Post Today at 1:49 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
If the child is very short you can test for celiac. They can have it without any obvious symptoms. One common result of Celiac is short stature.

I've also heard of a reflexologist in Israel who has a lot of success helping kids grow through reflexology. Let me know if you want me to dig up that info.

Hatzlacha!

I think it is the reflexologist that I heard about that people saw success with. If you'd have a way to find the number /contact info I'd really appreciate it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics