Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
The ladies of loganberry.
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Fern

Post Today at 8:54 am
amother Cyan wrote:
They actually are describing it perfectly. A sitcom is literally snippets/scenes of a particular set of characters lives. They don't always flow into each other and they don't always connect, especially not all in one short episode. And yes, I've watched many, many sitcoms over the years. This is the first ever attempt at a jewish sitcom, as far as I know. I say we give it a chance and see where it goes. Too early to judge imo

20 min is just too short for the price.

amother
  Orange

Post Today at 9:15 am
Let’s take Friends a famous sitcom. It has story lines running through the entire show. Every scene made sense and connected to the story line of the previous one. A sitcom is not a series of scenes that don’t connect or don’t have a story line going through all episodes.

amother
  Cyan

Post Today at 9:26 am
amother Orange wrote:
Let’s take Friends a famous sitcom. It has story lines running through the entire show. Every scene made sense and connected to the story line of the previous one. A sitcom is not a series of scenes that don’t connect or don’t have a story line going through all episodes.

Actually in the beginning, no it doesn't. One scene starts with one character doing and saying something and the next scene starts with an entirely different character doing something completely unrelated to the previous scene.
I think we should wait to see more episodes of Loganberry before judging, and not compare it to multi million dollar shows made with budgets that don't exist in the frum film industry.

amother
  Pear

Post Today at 9:36 am
I understand that frum movie making is more expensive
But think of it like this
Youll be getting way less views with a $20 pricetag for a 20 min episode vs $5 pricetag
Or even $8 would be justifiable
They could make it the funniest film out there
I just cant justify spending 20 on a 20 min film
(And I believe most ppl wont either)
I would quicker spend $40-60 on a 3 hr professional quality film

watergirl

Post Today at 9:37 am
While $20/20 minute episode sounds nuts to ME, I'm not the target audience. For those who ARE the target and can afford it, enjoy every second.

It makes sense to me actually. For a long time now there are frum women's movies. Now we have two frum women's talk shows, also pay-per-view or month. A sitcom (or frum attempt at a sitcom) sounds like the natural next step. I do appreciate that the reality of screen time is becoming accepted and used for good, instead of pretend like frum people just are not interested.

Think about it like this - boys and men have sports as a kosher outlet. Every yeshiva can camp is so heavy on sports, kids like mine have an impossible time finding a camp to go to because they hate sports. As they age, they can continue to watch sports and play in men's leagues.

But girls - they grow up with song and dance and production and then it just stops. People said it was not tznius for them to be on a screen... and now this is evolving and while it's not my cup of tea, I love this for those who want it. And the more frum women who get into this, the better and cheaper it will become.

amother
  Bronze

Post Today at 10:35 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
I know one of the actresses and she explained something to me so I will try to explain it to you too.

Film making in the Jewish world is insanely expensive and none of the actresses or directors actually act and direct as a full time job.

Now think about Filmmaking in the non Jewish world. It’s the job of the actress or director, set designer, wardrobe designer, this is their full time jobs! The movie industry by the non jews is extremely successful, there are investors, celebrities promoting films, tv ads and the people working in the industry make a ton of money and live off their salaries all year.

That isn’t happening here. This is ground breaking stuff, sure they need to figure out what gets laughs and what doesn’t like any new show but bottom line is If they charged $5 for an episode that costed way way more than that to film, produce and edit, the crew wouldn’t get paid and there would be no show.

I know a non Jewish women who has made a pilot -which is the case of this 'movie' being discussed.
She fully paid out of her own pocket for the pilot, paid the actresses and for props and videoing on her own. Only if it takes off and there is a like for it, or if a producer buys the rights for it, she will get paid back for it in the long run.
Creating a pilot is an investment even in the non Jewish world and the actresses are alot more expensive than Jewish actresses who are doing it as a side.
There is no ad revenue with pilots it's an investment you hope and prays takes off. Unfortunately with this since they charged so much for the pilot scene may not taken off. I hope for them though that I am wrong.

amother
  Bottlebrush

Post Today at 11:32 am
deleted
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics