Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
The ladies of loganberry.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
  Raspberry  

Post Today at 2:23 am
amother Silver wrote:
Was actually super excited to buy. Wanted something light and not too long. It showed that play time is a little over 45 min. It was a great disappointment that it ended after 20 min. I wouldn't pay the price had I known that and I think it's unfair to make people believe that it's a 45 min episode.

I think it says on the site the episode is 20 min long, which is how long a sitcom generally is in the non Jewish world too

amother
Papaya

Post Today at 2:33 am
We might have some of the actresses and producers on here. It’s not fair to bash them publicly. If you have constructive criticism you can send it to them directly.

amother
  Silver  

Post Today at 2:37 am
Didn't mean to say that the episode is bad. I actually enjoyed it and it was done very professionally.
Just wished it would say that it's only a 20 min. episode. Bloopers are actually really funny, but I guess I was disappointed that I didn't know it's so short.

As far as bashing producers, you're right. I definitely give it a 5 star rating as far as being professional, light, amusing, entertaining. Wishing them lots of Hatzlacha!!

amother
  Raspberry  

Post Today at 2:46 am
amother Silver wrote:
Didn't mean to say that the episode is bad. I actually enjoyed it and it was done very professionally.
Just wished it would say that it's only a 20 min. episode. Bloopers are actually really funny, but I guess I was disappointed that I didn't know it's so short.

As far as bashing producers, you're right. I definitely give it a 5 star rating as far as being professional, light, amusing, entertaining. Wishing them lots of Hatzlacha!!

being that it’s the first of its kind, I think it was really really good as well!

amother
  Silver

Post Today at 3:03 am
amother Silver wrote:

I see on Mostly Music now that they added that it's 20 min plus 30 min extras. I guess that was updated on their site, so that is good. As long as you know you're getting a 20 min episode, then all's good...

amother
Hosta  

Post Today at 4:02 am
If this is a sitcom does that mean there are going to be a bunch more shores like this in the near future?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Today at 4:08 am
I think 20 minutes of showtime is fine if it’s truly sitcom style.

But imnsho, it’s obscene to charge $20 to rent a film that short. I paid $20 to DOWNLOAD another film, which incidentally is 1.5 hrs long.

amother
Bronze  

Post Today at 4:15 am
From this conversation it seems that this was a pilot video and there will be continuations of 20 mins segments.

amother
  Cyan  

Post Today at 4:28 am
amother Bronze wrote:
From this conversation it seems that this was a pilot video and there will be continuations of 20 mins segments.

I read on instagram that future episodes will be 30 minutes long. Only the pilot episode was 20 min.

amother
Bottlebrush  

Post Today at 4:55 am
amother Papaya wrote:
We might have some of the actresses and producers on here. It’s not fair to bash them publicly. If you have constructive criticism you can send it to them directly.

But we're allowed to bash all the magazines, the writers, the editors, the stories. I always find that part interesting. Obviously I work in publishing.
Eta- In terms of constructive criticism, if there are individuals on this site involved in the production I thought the set was gorgeous, most of the editing/ color correction/ audio was well done. The writing needs work. It might be a good idea to reach out to professional writers in the frum community who specifically excel in dialogue and humor.

amother
  Hosta

Post Today at 5:00 am
amother Cyan wrote:
I read on instagram that future episodes will be 30 minutes long. Only the pilot episode was 20 min.

In the non Jewish world I have found that many sitcom the pilot is longer then the rest of the episodes, here it seams the opposite.

How was this advertised? Was it advertised as the beginning of a new series?Or as a stand a lone video?

amother
Maroon

Post Today at 8:59 am
As someone who’s watched tv in the past, a sitcom still flows and has a storyline. It’s the episode where you meet the characters and learn the setting . I wish I could watch this but it’s too expensive

PinkFridge

Post Today at 9:06 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
If you googled what a sitcom is then you would see that it's a story that continues on in a series of episodes. Have you ever watched a sitcom that explained every aspect of the show in the first episode? Then there wouldn't be a show to make or watch. This isn't a movie. It's snippets of life that'll develop over time. It leaves more to be desired. Patience is a virtue my friend and one you should work on

Sitcoms don't necessarily continue into subsequent episodes. Though they make call back on previous episodes.

amother
Pear  

Post Today at 9:23 am
Wtvr it was
21$ for a 20 min 24 hr rented episode is geneiva
It should have been $5
I definitely wont be renting the next segment no matter how hilarious they make it
( did not find this one even remotely humorous)

amother
  Snowdrop

Post Today at 9:27 am
amother Pear wrote:
Wtvr it was
It should have been $5
I definitely wont be renting the next segment no matter how hilarious they make it
[I]
Same. Was going to post just this.
Others I spoke to said the same.
I've watched I Love Lucy sitcom episodes and the episodes were actually funny and did have a storyline

amother
Peach

Post Today at 9:52 am
Same! Annoyed Wink
They lost my family. Waste $ and time

amother
Grape

Post Today at 9:57 am
amother Papaya wrote:

Reviews are important. If 90% of the people who bought it were not happy and they won't know how will they have customers in the future?
It hurts to hear that people were not happy with your product but they can take the criticism and do a better job next time. In a way it's better to read it here than hear it to their face.
And like another poster said. People are quick to bash groups like chassidim, communities like lakewood, parties like democrats without thinking that people here might belong to that group. How is this different?

amother
  Cyan  

Post Today at 10:44 am
[quote="amother Bottlebrush"]But we're allowed to bash all the magazines, the writers, the editors, the stories. I always find that part interesting. Obviously I work in publishing.
Eta- In terms of constructive criticism, if there are individuals on this site involved in the production I thought the set was gorgeous, most of the editing/ color correction/ audio was well done. The writing needs work. It might be a good idea to reach out to professional writers in the frum community who specifically excel in dialogue and humor.[/quote

FYI the writer/director is a college educated professional writer with 3 very successful films under her belt and years of writing and production experience. And no offense, but what professional writers in the frum community? Most frum publications are not at all well written or funny, not to mention full of grammatical errors. Maybe people here are used to the slapstick silliness that passes for intelligent humor in the frum community, but my friends and I thought the episode was great. It was well written, the acting was top notch, the humor was witty and sarcastic and Chayitty face planting into the cake was hilarious. We also really enjoyed seeing versions of ourselves and our lives so well captured. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I do agree that the episode was too short for the money

amother
  Raspberry  

Post Today at 11:38 am
amother Pear wrote:
Wtvr it was
It should have been $5

I know one of the actresses and she explained something to me so I will try to explain it to you too.

Film making in the Jewish world is insanely expensive and none of the actresses or directors actually act and direct as a full time job.

Now think about Filmmaking in the non Jewish world. It’s the job of the actress or director, set designer, wardrobe designer, this is their full time jobs! The movie industry by the non jews is extremely successful, there are investors, celebrities promoting films, tv ads and the people working in the industry make a ton of money and live off their salaries all year.

That isn’t happening here. This is ground breaking stuff, sure they need to figure out what gets laughs and what doesn’t like any new show but bottom line is If they charged $5 for an episode that costed way way more than that to film, produce and edit, the crew wouldn’t get paid and there would be no show.

amother
  Raspberry

Post Today at 11:50 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I think 20 minutes of showtime is fine if it’s truly sitcom style.

But imnsho, it’s obscene to charge $20 to rent a film that short. I paid $20 to DOWNLOAD another film, which incidentally is 1.5 hrs long.

Was that film an original and filmed extremely well or was it a copy of some successful non jewish movie as some frum directors enjoy doing
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics