Thanks

Is it a chassidish rav/community?

amother
  Mulberry  

Post Yesterday at 7:13 am
amother Diamond wrote:
Thanks

Is it a chassidish rav/community?

Yes. There is a mix but definitely have stable chassidish/heimish families. It's an amazing community!

amother
  Diamond  

Post Yesterday at 7:17 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
Yes. There is a mix but definitely have stable chassidish/heimish families. It's an amazing community!

Wow. I didn't hear of it.

I just saw in the Git Morgan a shidduch of a very chassidishe bochur that got engaged to someone in Florida.
It made me wonder because it would have said Tampa had it been Tampa.

I guess the girls family lives in NM.

Its good to know that there's something established there.

amother
  Glitter

Post Yesterday at 7:24 am
amother Mulberry wrote:

AFAIK there is no chasidish school.

amother
Moccasin

Post Yesterday at 7:24 am
Staten Island , mix of all types of chassidim living together .
Diff type of Shuls.

amother
  Mulberry  

Post Yesterday at 7:48 am
amother Glitter wrote:
AFAIK there is no chasidish school.

True. There is no chassidish only school but Bais Yaakov now started an elementary which is really right type and the Ruv has a cheider compared to a community school. He wants to emphasize much more Yiddish but the more families move the more the cheider can add more Yiddish and the type of learning and so forth.

amother
  Diamond  

Post Yesterday at 8:00 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
True. There is no chassidish only school but Bais Yaakov now started an elementary which is really right type and the Ruv has a cheider compared to a community school. He wants to emphasize much more Yiddish but the more families move the more the cheider can add more Yiddish and the type of learning and so forth.

When theYoel lived there his boys seemed to be the only chassidish boys in the class.

amother
  Mulberry  

Post Yesterday at 8:03 am
amother Diamond wrote:
When theYoel lived there his boys seemed to be the only chassidish boys in the class.

The Yoel did not live in NMB. He lived in Miami Lakes. He also sent to a community school and not the cheider

amother
  Diamond

Post Yesterday at 8:07 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
The Yoel did not live in NMB. He lived in Miami Lakes. He also sent to a community school and not the cheider

Ahh. Ok get it.

SheviL

Post Yesterday at 8:59 am
Staten Island.
u can msg me with any questions .

amother
Snow

Post Yesterday at 9:07 am
amother Diamond wrote:

The Yoel?? Is that the name of a family?

amother
  Mulberry

Post Yesterday at 9:08 am
amother Snow wrote:
The Yoel?? Is that the name of a family?

Lebovits

amother
Geranium

Post Yesterday at 12:08 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
As someone who lived in chicago my entire life and has a lot of chassidish blood, I wouldn’t suggest a Chassidish family move here. Especially if there are already school children. The boys have an easier time here since there is a Yiddish speaking cheder (although actual Chassidim in that school are very much the minority) but the girls wouldn’t be happy here.
The 2 chassidish kollelim here are very small and more of a temporary stop for the families in the long term. Being personally good friends with a few of the kollel wives here, they look at the experience as a “shlichus” in a way, maybe even kiruv. Its experience to live their younger years out of town before moving back to the Tristate area and getting away a bit, but not permanently. It’s a nice community for the experience of an out of town kollel. But if I were the OP I would look for an area not walking distance but still driving distance from where you live now. That way your kids can continue going to their schools, you’re still near family, won’t miss simchas, and husband can still go to his rebbe often while not being at the beck and call, won’t be able to go to hours long tish and lengthy minyanim on shabbos and YT and be more present while still not feeling like he’s being pulled away from his community.

Rabbi Twerski’s shul in chicago isn’t chassidish fyi. A handful of Chassidim daven there like in any out of town shul that has a mix. It’s a wonderful place but not what the OP is looking for.
(As a side point rabbi Twerski his family are amazing, but not what the OP needs)

I second this. Rabbi Twerski is a great man, but the kehila is really NOT chassidish, it's really a nice litvish/RW MO community with a bit of a chassidish flavor. Baltimore may have a more of a reall chassidish presence.
OP, do you mind sharing what chassidush your husband is part of?

amother
Navy

Post Yesterday at 12:29 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
True. There is no chassidish only school but Bais Yaakov now started an elementary which is really right type

The Bais Yaakov in NMB is like a typical oot B.Y. school, so depends if that works for OP or not.

amother
Pink

Post Yesterday at 8:35 pm
OP could you go into your rebbe and ask his advice about your situation? If your husband respects him so much then maybe it could help to have him guide your husband to be more shalom bayis oriented without needing to move
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating