Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Small Chassidish Community
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:16 pm
We are a typical chassidish family. But I'm so done with this lifestyle. I feel like my husband lives for his rebbe rather than hashem. Over the past few years I blocked myself off emotionally. I don't feel anything anymore.

I want to move to an out of town community where I can embrace life. A chassidish , vibrant community with a sense of belonging. Somewhere where we can embrace family rather than the rebbe (Iykyk).

Must be chassidish geshtimt so my husband fits in. Give me ideas where to move to.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:17 pm
Staten Island? Baltimore?

amother
Glitter  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:17 pm
Is your DH ready to leave his rebbe? If so, why do you need to move? He can just stop going to him and you can stay put.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
We are a typical chassidish family. But I'm so done with this lifestyle. I feel like my husband lives for his rebbe rather than hashem. Over the past few years I blocked myself off emotionally. I don't feel anything anymore.

I want to move to an out of town community where I can embrace life. A chassidish , vibrant community with a sense of belonging. Somewhere where we can embrace family rather than the rebbe (Iykyk).

Must be chassidish geshtimt so my husband fits in. Give me ideas where to move to.

If he lives for his Rebbe, then how will a change of location help?

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:18 pm
Linden?
Or too close to your current community?
I wish my hub was closer to his rebbe

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:19 pm
Union, NJ
Linden, NJ
Monticello, NY
Casa Grande, AZ
Tampa, FL

Not yet set up:
Zayis Raanon (no idea location, someplace in NJ)
Okechobee, FL

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:24 pm
Ruchi wrote:
If he lives for his Rebbe, then how will a change of location help?

It's his nature. He gets intimidated quickly. He'll move away cause he'll do anything to make me happy. And if he's not around the fundraisers and gabaim can't intimidate him). It's complicated. We need a fresh start

mha3484

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 7:27 pm
Chicago has this. Rabbi Twerskis shul is a real family shul not a shul for men.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:22 pm
Same. Op we need to create a new chasidish based, yiddishkeit loving, warm accepting friendly community with no pressure with what chasiddus was meant to be… let me know if you end up finding what you’re looking for..

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:29 pm
I’m not chassidish. I live in the the Clifton/passaic community. I worked in Bork park abt 10 years ago and had a lot of exposure to the chassidim there.
The linden and union chassidim that shop here are muchhhhh lower key. They seem much less fashion oriented and a lot less perfectionism… hope this helps

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:45 pm
You should check out the community in Wimauma, Florida!

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 9:54 pm
Montreal is another place where you can look into
but op I honestly dont get you if your dh is happy why are you looking to change him? how would his family accept it? is there a way you can make it work for you with his connection to the rebbe? I just have way tooo many questions here that dont make sense.
Having a rebbe/rav is such a crucial part in our jewish life. think about the light in his eyes when he comes home from a tish/davening/hakofos are you really ready to take that away from him, from your future?

amother
Mulberry  

Post Mon, Oct 21 2024, 10:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

North Miami Beach, FL!! Has a Ruv and cheider

amother
Lemonlime

Post Yesterday at 1:07 am
Before you d any drastic life changes. Think about if the reason he is into the rebbe is actually a symptom of something else. Which won't necessarily disappear in a new place.

amother
Amber

Post Yesterday at 2:34 am
Linden.
Great community, the ppl are more easy going and a lot friendlier. majority of the men end up really enjoying it, if you don't drive it might come with some challenges.
It might be hard that he's so attached but technically that's a real chussid. A lot of times it's hard for them to find the right balance.
I personally wish my husband would be close to rebbe not just someone to ask sheilas. There's a certain sense of security, closeness , and someone to keep u on track.
Good luck.

amother
Broom

Post Yesterday at 5:23 am
Another vote for linden/union

amother
Mocha  

Post Yesterday at 6:06 am

amother
  Mocha

Post Yesterday at 6:08 am
As someone who lived in chicago my entire life and has a lot of chassidish blood, I wouldn’t suggest a Chassidish family move here. Especially if there are already school children. The boys have an easier time here since there is a Yiddish speaking cheder (although actual Chassidim in that school are very much the minority) but the girls wouldn’t be happy here.
The 2 chassidish kollelim here are very small and more of a temporary stop for the families in the long term. Being personally good friends with a few of the kollel wives here, they look at the experience as a “shlichus” in a way, maybe even kiruv. Its experience to live their younger years out of town before moving back to the Tristate area and getting away a bit, but not permanently. It’s a nice community for the experience of an out of town kollel. But if I were the OP I would look for an area not walking distance but still driving distance from where you live now. That way your kids can continue going to their schools, you’re still near family, won’t miss simchas, and husband can still go to his rebbe often while not being at the beck and call, won’t be able to go to hours long tish and lengthy minyanim on shabbos and YT and be more present while still not feeling like he’s being pulled away from his community.

Rabbi Twerski’s shul in chicago isn’t chassidish fyi. A handful of Chassidim daven there like in any out of town shul that has a mix. It’s a wonderful place but not what the OP is looking for.
(As a side point rabbi Twerski his family are amazing, but not what the OP needs)

amother
Diamond  

Post Yesterday at 6:16 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
North Miami Beach, FL!! Has a Ruv and cheider

Who is the rav?

amother
  Mulberry  

Post Yesterday at 6:47 am
amother Diamond wrote:
Who is the rav?

Ruv Binyamin Feldbrand.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating