Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Artscroll Chumash which one?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:02 pm
Ok so this isn't exactly reading its supposed to be in learning but I'm trying to buy an Artscroll Chumash Breishis and there are too many choices online and its confusing to me.

I need it to have
chumash with simple translation
rashi with translation

Anything else like Onkeles and other meforshim but much rather with translation.

Can someone please help me with a link?

ra_mom  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:07 pm
This is the one to buy if you want translation of chumush AND translation of rashi.

The Saphirstein Edition, with Rashi's commentary translated, annotated and elucidated.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
This is the one to buy if you want translation of chumush AND translation of rashi.

The Saphirstein Edition, with Rashi's commentary translated, annotated and elucidated.

Hey thanks!

You mean this one?

https://moznaim.com/products/t.....D_BwE

The reason it's confusing me is because it says Rashi not Chumash.

ra_mom  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hey thanks!

You mean this one?

https://moznaim.com/products/t.....D_BwE

The reason it's confusing me is because it says Rashi not Chumash.

Yes.
If you look at the 4th image, it shows a sample page with the top portion having a pasuk from the Chumash along with it's translation, and on the same page there is Rashi elucidated in English as well.
When I was at the Judaica store, they told me this is the one that's used in school by BY girls who are looking for translated Chumash & Rashi.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Yes.
If you look at the 4th image, it shows a sample page with the top portion having a pasuk from the chumash along with it's transaction, and on the same page there is rashi elucidated in English as well.
When I was at the Judaica store, they told me this is the one that's used in school by BY girls who are looking for translated chumash & rashi.

Thanks
I can't see if it has anything else except for Rashi.
Just curious if it has any other meforshim or targum etc?

ra_mom  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks
I can't see if it has anything else except for Rashi.
Just curious if it has any other meforshim or targum etc?

It has Onkelos, not translated. Full Rashi, not yet translated. And then Rashi again broken down in phrases with the full English explanation.
Then it has additional mefarshim on the bottom in English with sources, but not one specific one, and not in lashon hakodesh.
(Of course this chumash also has the pesukim in L"H with English translation as well.)

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It has Onkelos, not translated. Full Rashi, not yet translated. And then Rashi again broken down in phrases with the full English explanation.
Then it has additional mefarshim on the bottom in English with sources, but not one specific one, and not in lashon hakodesh.
(Of course this chumash also has the pesukim in L"H with English translation as well.)

Ok. Sounds like the most wholesome one for now.

Thanks alot.

I would love to have it all in one but I guess I'll get myself a separate Artscroll Onkeles with translation.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok. Sounds like the most wholesome one for now.

Thanks alot.

I would love to have it all in one but I guess I'll get myself a separate Artscroll Onkeles with translation.

Same.
And I was hoping for interlinear translation on the pesukim so that the translation could be used as a learning tool, but it wasn't possible to get that with Rashi translation as well.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 3:59 pm
Not Artscroll, but an interpolated translation of Chumash and Rashi: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-S.....08809

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 4:02 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
Not Artscroll, but an interpolated translation of Chumash and Rashi: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-S.....08809

Interesting sefer. Thanks

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 20 2024, 4:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Same.
And I was hoping for interlinear translation on the pesukim so that the translation could be used as a learning tool, but it wasn't possible to get that with Rashi translation as well.

I often wonder how they come up with their translations and have done research on that over the years.

It isn't always an exact translation but rather a word that explains it best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room