Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Bamboo theft - should I say something?
Previous  1  2

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Yesterday at 7:54 am
No one said this but bamboo can be a nightmare as it spreads very quickly and is invasive. It can destroy your property and the property of your neighbor. Please google but I would get rid of it before it's impossible to do so.

amother
Yarrow  

Post Yesterday at 8:00 am
Having a broken fence and having your garden leaning over into their property is an inconvenience to your neighbors and could be halachically wrong on your part. You need to fix the fence and prune your garden before it overhangs someone else’s property. This will likely have the added benefit of making it clear to your neighbors who the plants belong to.

amother
  Yarrow

Post Yesterday at 8:10 am
In fact, it could be that your neighbors are “stealing” some bamboo as a way of passive aggressively telling you to prune it off their property

synthy

Post Yesterday at 8:16 am
They probably thought it’s a wild tree that’s been there since before you. I would tell them nicely that it’s yours and you don’t want the plant to get hurt, they should ask you before cutting. Or something like that.

amother
  Snapdragon

Post Yesterday at 8:21 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
No one said this but bamboo can be a nightmare as it spreads very quickly and is invasive. It can destroy your property and the property of your neighbor. Please google but I would get rid of it before it's impossible to do so.

She said there was a step with terracing. I’d assume that was done to control the growth. Bamboo can be controlled if done right. It also grows back incredibly fast.

amother
Snow

Post Yesterday at 8:34 am
Reality wrote:
I'm sorry if I posted too strongly but it seemed to me like posting here is making a big deal about nothing. If they are nice people, just call them up and tell them. I'm sure they'll apologize and it won't happen again.

Also, do you know for sure it's them? You saw them cut your plant?

some people have a hard time with social stuff and confrontation of any form, they second guess themselves and aren't sure how to proceed. ( I'm in that category Wink ) things that aren't a big deal for you are for them. they aren't making a "big deal' because they want to or they are even more upset then someone else, they just don't know how to proceed.

amother
Carnation

Post Yesterday at 9:43 am
The neighbors most likely didn't know that the plant actually belongs to someone. They probably assumed that it's a wild plant. I'm sure they'd feel terrible if they find out that you own the plant. I'd let them know in a nice way that it's your plant, and I'd also make sure that there's no overhang in their property.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette