Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to pack for 3 hour plane ride for kids

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 2:50 pm
Ages 1-11
How many snack per kid? I’ll bring a change of clothes, coloring activities, small toys for the younger ones, books for the older ones, what else?

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 4:51 pm
Bump

SuperWify

Post Yesterday at 4:56 pm
It’s only 3 hours. I think you’re over-thinking it. It sounds like you have everything!

I like to give my kids a small backpack that they are responsible for with their own crayons, snacks ect. Sometimes we put an empty water bottle too so when the drinks come we avoid extra spills.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 5:08 pm
SuperWify wrote:
It’s only 3 hours. I think you’re over-thinking it. It sounds like you have everything!

I like to give my kids a small backpack that they are responsible for with their own crayons, snacks ect. Sometimes we put an empty water bottle too so when the drinks come we avoid extra spills.

Thank you! I guess I am, it’s their first time on a plane Smile

SingALong

Post Yesterday at 5:22 pm
I bring cheap disposable toys and things that if they get lost on the plane it’s fine. After landing the last thing you need is to scrounge between the seats for the missing 2 puzzle pieces or Lego.
For older kids I get cards, like spot it, go fish, old maid, rat a tat cat, set. This puzzle bucks or invisible ink books. Hidden Pictures workbooks.

Toddlers and little kids:
Stickers
Coloring books
Puppets if you find cheap ones.
Random $1 toys

Snack for all.
If your ok with mini electronic games, they have these around, leapfrog, there’s a vtech smart watch my kids have, and some camera with games I got in toys for you. We save this for long trips.

I also pack a separate bag of cheap toys and activities in my suitcase for the return flight.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Yesterday at 6:09 pm
For snacks think time door to door- is it 4 hours? Or 6/7?
How much did do they usually eat in that time duration?
Being some"fun"/"interesting" snacks- best if there's variety of small packs than no carrier and a big pack

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 6:45 pm
Thank you so much! This is so helpful!!

amother
Almond

Post Yesterday at 6:52 pm
What airline? Are there screens on the plane? I've done many flights with kids and that really is the difference. If there are screens on the plane they end up being busy with them the whole time... Lots of times, there's a whole kid section with games etc.

There are no screens on the plane I download stuff to watch from toveedo or similar on old devices I have. My kids also enjoy listening to music on their MP3 players. I've also taken a long Play-Doh for them to do on the tray. I honestly don't find that crayons and coloring books and stuff like that help

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 7:14 pm
amother Almond wrote:
What airline? Are there screens on the plane? I've done many flights with kids and that really is the difference. If there are screens on the plane they end up being busy with them the whole time... Lots of times, there's a whole kid section with games etc.

There are no screens on the plane I download stuff to watch from toveedo or similar on old devices I have. My kids also enjoy listening to music on their MP3 players. I've also taken a long Play-Doh for them to do on the tray. I honestly don't find that crayons and coloring books and stuff like that help

Spirit - no screens
I have 2 Chromebook’s I can bring plus mine and dh phone, so that should help, we’ll take turns watching and playing games
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics