Forum -> Recipe Collection
Baby lamb chops

pessyb  

Post Yesterday at 8:49 pm
recipes pls?

amother
Rainbow

Post Yesterday at 8:54 pm
Im saying 100% sarcastically, only because of the threads that have been going on.
But I think this needs to be in "high end purchases"
-nut crusted lamp chops from kosher pallet is yumm, there are actually a few lamp chop recipes in that cookbook

Ema of 5  

Post Yesterday at 8:57 pm
pessyb wrote:
recipes pls?

I like them just with salt and pepper, nothing else. My husband likes rosemary too.

thankyou1  

Post Yesterday at 8:58 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I like them just with salt and pepper, nothing else. My husband likes rosemary too.

Rosemary goes very well!!

pessyb

Post Yesterday at 9:08 pm
and then u bake grill?
I never made it before so I need clear instructions-temp, how long...tysm!

amother
Taupe

Post Yesterday at 9:35 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Im saying 100% sarcastically, only because of the threads that have been going on.
But I think this needs to be in "high end purchases"
-nut crusted lamp chops from kosher pallet is yumm, there are actually a few lamp chop recipes in that cookbook

If so, then salmon and all meat topics/recipes need to be there since lamb isn't that much more. It really depends where you buy it.

Ema of 5

Post Yesterday at 9:39 pm
thankyou1 wrote:
Rosemary goes very well!!

Only if you like rosemary, which I don’t!

thankyou1  

Post Yesterday at 9:41 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Only if you like rosemary, which I don’t!

True Smile
Im a fan of all herbs.

thankyou1

Post Yesterday at 9:44 pm
pessyb wrote:
and then u bake grill?
I never made it before so I need clear instructions-temp, how long...tysm!

broil or grill if you can.
Don't have an exact recipe though

mha3484

Post Yesterday at 9:50 pm
Lamp chops are very good with mint. Mint jelly is traditional but I think its gross mint pesto is much better.

Amarante  

Post Today at 6:49 am
Lamb chops are best eaten rare to medium rare because the meat toughens and develops an "off taste" when well done.

Garlic and lemon are also very common flavors that go brilliantly with lamb. Rosemary if you like rosemary is also very traditional and goes exceptionally well

How long do lamb chops take to cook?

The thickness of the lamb chops will ultimately determine how long they take to cook; the thicker, the longer. When cooked over medium-high heat, they should take roughly three to five minutes on each side. Once the exterior is golden brown on one side, you'll know it's ready to flip onto the next.

How to cook lamb chops

Season the lamb: In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and seasonings. Pour over the lamb, rubbing the marinade in on both sides of each chop then allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes. If marinating in the fridge overnight, allow the meat to come to room temperature before cooking.

Cook: Pre-heat a cast iron skillet/pan over medium high heat until smoking hot. You could also use a stainless steal frying pan. This allows the lamb to sear and because these aren’t very thick chops, I didn’t want them to over cook and stay in the pan for too long. Thicker chops will require longer cooking. Sear the lamb for 2-4 minutes per side then stand the chops on the fat cap to allow the fat to render and caramelize. Remove the chops from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute within the meat resulting in soft, juicy meat.
What temperature should lamb chops be cooked to

Lamb chops are best when they are done medium-rare (62ºC/145ºF) to medium (65ºC/150ºF) . The meat should be blushing pink in the center.

amother
Blushpink

Post Today at 6:59 am
amother Taupe wrote:
If so, then salmon and all meat topics/recipes need to be there since lamb isn't that much more. It really depends where you buy it.

Where?! I think in Lakewood it comes out $$ I think even in Bingo it was $26 a lb
Hubby is from Europe and prefers this over anything else

Amarante

Post Today at 7:26 am
amother Taupe wrote:

Lamb is significantly most expensive than salmon is and even some beef cuts that are less expensive than a rib eye or other very expensive beef cut.

While there are less expensive cuts of lamb, lamb chops are among the most expensive cuts because they are typically broiled or grilled and so they come from the portion of the animal which produces tender cuts - just like rib eye is tender versus chuck which needs to be stewed or braised.

Also on a per pound basis, it yields much less than salmon because a very high amount of the weight is in the bone and there is relatively little meat. You have to buy a LOT of lamb chops even if you don't serve enormous portions of meat versus salmon which generally has very little waste and so you get more servings per pound.

Lamb chops are a food that was often served to young children. I suspect because of the size of a lamb chop as one chop is essentially the perfect serving for a child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics