Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
3.3% of US High School Students Identify as Trans

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:17 am
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volum.....38032

According to the CDC survey of high school students in 2023.

Another 2.2% of students identify as questioning.

This is insane

bigsis144  

Post Yesterday at 11:23 am
Nonbinary/genderfluid also count as trans, and it’s so easy to have that identity for Diversity Righteousness Points.

The slightest bit of “I don’t feel especially strongly about my gender/some days I feel different about my gender than other days” is all it takes, and you get to be in a cool minority.

I don’t think it’s intentionally manipulative or malicious, it’s just that Identity is given such huge significance that people, especially young and impressionable people who want to fit in and be seen as cool and “with it” and accepting and progressive, are happy to add that label to themselves. It requires basically zero extra work, but gives lots of external validation from others.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 11:24 am
bigsis144 wrote:
Nonbinary/genderfluid also count as trans, and it’s so easy to have that identity for Diversity Righteousness Points.

The slightest bit of “I don’t feel especially strongly about my gender/some days I feel different about my gender than other days” is all it takes, and you get to be in a cool minority.

I don’t think it’s intentionally manipulative or malicious, it’s just that Identity is given such huge significance that people, especially young and impressionable people who want to fit in and be seen as cool and “with it” and accepting and progressive, are happy to add that label to themselves. It requires basically zero extra work, but gives lots of external validation from others.

So you're saying these numbers are very overinflated?

amother
Linen

Post Yesterday at 11:25 am
“It’s their anchor. It’s their identity,” a parent explained to me.

So sad…

amother
Seagreen  

Post Yesterday at 11:45 am
amother Linen wrote:
“It’s their anchor. It’s their identity,” a parent explained to me.

So sad…

No, its mental illness

bigsis144

Post Yesterday at 11:55 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
No, its mental illness

It’s often teenage insecurity, and an environment that encourages it from both peers and authorities.

Kids on the spectrum often identify as trans because their relationship to social constructs in general can feel more confusing or even arbitrary. When learning how to function socially takes more deliberate effort, or needs to be externally taught to fit in, why wouldn’t gender identity be one of the things one could choose, or learn?

amother
Hosta

Post Yesterday at 12:18 pm
It’s evil brainwashing that’s been inflicted on the population. No good can come of this.

amother
  Seagreen

Post Yesterday at 12:39 pm
Students on the fringe used to dress goth, now its trans. Different dressup same illness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics