Forum -> Children's Health
Doctor checking private parts of teen
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

momomany

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:31 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Not because of tznius, because it's violating for them
There's no good reason
I asked a friend who grew up in the US and they said their dr never checked either
Why's it not abuse

please read this thread - there IS reason

amother
  Maple  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Teal wrote:
How are you supposed to know to give your kids dental care? How would you know what to feed them? How are you supposed to know anything? You know this growing up, or learn about it, or ask the Dr
Why would it be the Yeshiva's job??

Like I said, it's not well known and it's extremely important. Why would it not be part of a boys education? Why are only girls taught life saving medical facts? And at the very least, in chosson classes when boys are learning about this very area? This is information that would be universally known if it was taught to boys. In our case, our son had (has) cancer which caused the swelling. He was diagnosed literally within a few hours of arriving at the hospital. But in the case of test... torsion a boy has exactly one day to get into surgery to save his fertility. Why don't you think it's important for boys to be taught this?? Relying on the Dr, you would need to wait until your son (ch"v) decided to tell you and you might tell him to wait a couple of days to see if the swelling went down. That's what I would have done probably. If he was already married he might not tell anyone and hope it goes away. I don't understand your question even.

amother
  Trillium

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:19 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Like I said, it's not well known and it's extremely important. Why would it not be part of a boys education? Why are only girls taught life saving medical facts? And at the very least, in chosson classes when boys are learning about this very area? This is information that would be universally known if it was taught to boys. In our case, our son had (has) cancer which caused the swelling. He was diagnosed literally within a few hours of arriving at the hospital. But in the case of test... torsion a boy has exactly one day to get into surgery to save his fertility. Why don't you think it's important for boys to be taught this?? Relying on the Dr, you would need to wait until your son (ch"v) decided to tell you and you might tell him to wait a couple of days to see if the swelling went down. That's what I would have done probably. If he was already married he might not tell anyone and hope it goes away. I don't understand your question even.

What life saving facts are girls taught? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. You think the Yeshivas should teach the boys how to check for testicular lumps? That’s more of a parent/Dr thing to teach.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:24 pm
amother Maple wrote:

Agree. Test. Torsion is a true emergency. My nephew had Hatzalah come to check him out on a YT when it was suspected. Doctor checks are so so important!

oneofakind

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 3:41 pm
Torsion comes with pain!

amother
  Maple

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 4:15 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
What life saving facts are girls taught? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. You think the Yeshivas should teach the boys how to check for testicular lumps? That’s more of a parent/Dr thing to teach.

What? No... I don't even think there's such a thing. The Rebbes from age 4 until 34 and beyond have a gazillion opportunities to say if you ever have unexplained pain or swelling tell your mother right away its an emergency.

amother
  Seagreen

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 4:21 pm
If it's an emergency, if your doctor sees on Monday that it's fine, who says it won't happen Thursday? And then there's a whole year until the next well visit.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:23 pm
amother Maple wrote:
What? No... I don't even think there's such a thing. The Rebbes from age 4 until 34 and beyond have a gazillion opportunities to say if you ever have unexplained pain or swelling tell your mother right away its an emergency.

I'm a little confused why you think it's the rebbe's job more than the parents. What other areas do teachers inform kids about medical things? Isn't that typically the parents' domain?

amother
  Teal  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:39 pm
amother Maple wrote:

YOU SHOULD BE TELLING THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN!!! WHY ARENT YOU?

amother
  Teal

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:41 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
If it's an emergency, if your doctor sees on Monday that it's fine, who says it won't happen Thursday? And then there's a whole year until the next well visit.

So you think well visits should be done away with? And routine dental care etc? We should just resort to the emergency room
Not too smart, and not what Torah advocates for.

amother
  Stone

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:28 pm
amother Maple wrote:

And where are the parents??? Do they exist? Why is their child’s health not their responsibility?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics