Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos Outfits for women

max  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 9:53 am
How many dresses/outfits is the correct amount to own that are my current size? Some people seem to have an endless supply and never repeat them for months. I feel a little strange that I have around 6 that actually fit me perfectly right now.

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 9:54 am
Wow. Where do you live? I have one or two maybe lol.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 9:55 am
Wow! Six? That's a lot.

max  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 9:56 am
In Flatbush!

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 11:16 am
I have prob 10? I've stayed more or less within the same size or 2, and I like to get 1 or 2 new things a season so I guess it adds up. But I don't wear them all for various reasons...

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:06 pm
I also have 6 and I think that’s a ton!

DrMom  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:09 pm
Seems like plenty. You can easily get through a 3-day Yom tov-shabbat and have leftover outfits.

max

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:26 pm
My point was does it look strange that 10 days ago when I was in shul three days straight there were 3 outfits worn and then came Yom Kippur and now two three days of Yom Tov two weeks in a row to repeat some things?

acemom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:32 pm
max wrote:
My point was does it look strange that 10 days ago when I was in shul three days straight there were 3 outfits worn and then came Yom Kippur and now two three days of Yom Tov two weeks in a row to repeat some things?

My opinion: it's not strange at all!
I know some people that wear the same outfit both days of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
Except for this month, why would somebody need so many dressier outfits? If you are so self-conscious, repeat every third or fourth time or so.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:35 pm
I'm in Flatbush and I have 3. Normally I only have two but I treated myself to a third that I found on sale

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:37 pm
I think the people who have endless supply are women who don't change sizes so much. I have tons of clothes, but only fit about 1/4 of them at any given time due to weight gain or loss.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:38 pm
Six is a nice amount.

DrMom

Post Today at 7:00 am
max wrote:

Why is that strange?
Are you a celebrity who wears an outfit once and never wears it again? Very Happy

sequoia

Post Today at 7:02 am
Princess Anne rewears outfits.

stillnewlywed

Post Today at 9:58 am
I have 4 that fit me and I think that's fine

oneofakind

Post Today at 10:12 am
People alternated between summer and fall/ winter so maybe it seemed like they had a lot. Once it's in middle of the season, 6 is plenty.

mha3484

Post Today at 10:26 am
I'm mostly stable in terms of sizing so I have a decent amount of skirts and tops that I can mix and match. I dont get a new wardrobe each season but I got a few tops this year to go with a few skirts from last year and the year before. I have at least 3 shorter skirts and 2-3 maxi skirts. So 6 isnt weird at all.

notshanarishona

Post Today at 1:22 pm
I would think 4 -6 for each season is plenty. The most you will need to go without doing laundry is Sukkos or Pesach and this year their are 6 days where need to be dressed Shabbos clothes

amother
Waterlily

Post Today at 1:23 pm
sequoia wrote:
Princess Anne rewears outfits.

Even Kate rewears.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note