Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Acrylic and canvas prints

smileyface123  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 11:43 am
I hired a family photographer to take pictures of my baby/family. She did a great job and the pictures came out beautiful. She was not cheap. A few hundred dollars for a session plus 5 digital prints that I would pick out. Apparently many Jewish photographers are really expensive and I find it’s the “going rate” among “high end photographers “

That part didn’t bother me so much. I feel like I paid for her expertise. She gave a lot of time, multiple locations and she is great with kids.

However, here comes the crazy part. I literally cannot wrap my head around it. The way her system works is that she offers canvas , acrylic prints among other “luxury” prints… in all sizes … also various type of albums. These products cost a fortune. Now for every certain amount of money that you spend, you “win” additional digital prints from the original file. A big acrylic of my baby, was priced at $720…. Now the big bomb question is, does it really cost that much money for the art???? I understand s be sending it to a high end printing website, but is it a total ripoff??? How much money does it really cost? I ordered one acrylic and a few canvases with a border and walked out with a bill of over $4000!!!! This makes me never want to print pictures again through a photographer!!! I wish I knew where she was sending it to !!!! I would just do it myself!!! Does anyone know??? I mean, how can I figure this out? It’s not rocket science. Which companies online print luxury good quality canvas acrylic albums for prices that don’t feel like thievery…. The problem is when you search online, 100s of companies are available…. I would be happy spending money but why should half the money go to the photographer???? I literally feel this is so unfair. My husband and I agreed we will not give this up and figure out where all these photographers send there order to.????????

ra_mom  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 11:45 am
Does she have an option for you to buy just the digital prints?
Printique is the high quality online shop that professionals use. If you have the digital prints, you can order what you like from wherever.

smileyface123

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 11:47 am
ra_mom wrote:
Does she have an option for you to buy just the digital prints?
Printique is the high quality online shop that professionals use.

She does not have that option. She only offers 5 with her original price point of $800. I’ve also used photographers in the past that charged $1500 for only 5 digital prints… but if I knew where to print my products then I’d only use a photographer that agreed to sell me my entire file for a certain fee… thanks for the recommendation of the website…

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 11:51 am
smileyface123 wrote:
She does not have that option. She only offers 5 with her original price point of $800. I’ve also used photographers in the past that charged $1500 for only 5 digital prints… but if I knew where to print my products then I’d only use a photographer that agreed to sell me my entire file for a certain fee… thanks for the recommendation of the website…

Find a photographer that has a digital prints purchase option next time. Even if price seems high, you get more value and after all is said and done, you'll have paid less.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art