Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Terrible diaper rash bleeding!
Previous  1  2

amother
  Steel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:17 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Curious why you think clotrimazole over nystatin. I have no opinion either way, just wondering if and why it's better.

And btw, you can get clotrimazole without a prescription as Lotrimin. Just check the active ingredient because there are different ones.

Yes lotrimin is great would just first double check that it’s for sure yeast.

My baby had a yeast infection for months. I was bringing her to the doctor at least once a week and they kept giving me nystatin and telling me to air her out and it just kept getting worse.
Finally one time I went I saw the actual dr (before that I was seeing the nurse practitioners) and he said in his experience nystatin doesn’t help much while clotrimazole is much better. After a week of putting it on it completely went away so that’s been our experience as well.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:39 am
Don’t put diaper rash cream on a raw rash it makes it worse. What I did was only bacytracin for a few days by every diaper change and bh it got better.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:46 am
If he was just on antibiotics then it’s a yeast/fungal rash. Antibiotics can cause yeast overgrowth in the body. You have to use an anti fungal cream or nystatin powder and keep the diaper area dry.
You should also give oral probiotics/acidophilus to get rid of the yeast internally.

just wondering

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 10:14 pm
cream and then baby powder on top. it seals the cream in
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics