amother
OP  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:43 pm
What works? Thanks

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:45 pm
What did you try so far?

Balmex purple mixed with milk of magnesia and a&d worked for dd when nothing else did

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:47 pm
Let the area air out a bit.
Miracle clay powder.
You cam use actual powder that they sell for diaper rash. Or just open 3-4 capsules and pour it over the diaper.

Do you know what's causing it?

For one of my babies, she had shigella and the bacteria was literally eating away at her skin. Not even strong medicated cream worked until she took the horrible abx for at least 3 days. It was pure agony for her!

amother
Snowdrop

Spread a generous amount of diaper cream in the diaper so you don't have to rub the skin.

amother
Yellow

No soap at bath time, and loads of sudocrem every change, and frequent nappy changes

abound

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 11:56 pm
My baby had this for 2 weeks, I tried every medicated cream and powder, I was at the dr 3 times. My sister in law suggested olive oil. I smeared it in every diaper change. It mostly went away in 2 days. ( Change the pamper often)
Refuah shleima!

Last edited by abound on Sun, Oct 13 2024, 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

blueberry32

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 12:39 am
I would bring baby to doctor. I was trying everything and nothing worked then I brought her to doc and doctor said its a yeast infection and needs specific cream

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 1:08 am
Going to sound crazy here but maalox. Pour over the area (cotton balls can be used too!) It is liquid anti- acid. Smells awful but works to neutralize the acid. The acid is what is burning the baby's skin...
Then cover entire area with the beaurdeux (not sure spelling) max strength butt paste.

This is what my kids pediatrician told us. It really works in a day or two. It ends up certain acidic foods were bothering my baby. I cut out certain spices and acidic foods for a while. I nurse but if you use formula maybe change formula to something less acidic?

Also change diapers frequently even if not heavily soaked and repeat process each time.

If this doesn't work I would see the doc... make sure it isn't something more intense.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:22 am
For us, Aquaphor and using honest diapers or any free and clear diapers helped.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:26 am
blueberry32 wrote:
I would bring baby to doctor. I was trying everything and nothing worked then I brought her to doc and doctor said its a yeast infection and needs specific cream

A yeast infection starts with faint dots or or spaced out.
OP is it like that?

If not if you can get inotyol, it heals and protects. DD was bleeding after 2 days of applications it was nearly completely healed, I had tried all other stuff until dr told me about it.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 2:27 am
Years ago our pediatrician told us to put some milk on the baby's rash, and to leave it on there. It sounds crazy but it really did help! I tried looking up if people still do that today, and apparently it is really a thing to use breast milk this way to treat diaper rash, at least for milder cases.

If you can when cleaning your little one, rinse him off with water and pat dry as opposed to wiping him clean with baby wipes.

Have you started using any new soaps or creams with your little one? A different brand or type of baby wipe? I'm wondering if it might be a reaction to something he's come in contact with.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 4:57 am
MR cream and powered worked amazing
Until you get it, bath, dry well and put on a thick layer of any diaper rash cream or antibiotic cream you have in the house
Repeat every time he needs to be changed

DK1

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:05 am
When I had this with my son, the doctor said to let it air dry out of the diaper every day. Like 10 minutes or so. Then put on a lot of diaper cream (we used desitin). The way doctor described it was like frosting a cake. Use a very generous amount. It went away in a few days

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:08 am
I would go in for a culture can be strep or yeast.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:29 am
Dont use baby wipes
Allow the rash to dry out a few minutes after changing if possible then 2x a day put mupirocin.

Use af tripe paste every diaper change. Its really thick and anti fungal so if the rash has a fungal element it will treat it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 5:31 am
Calmoseptine.
I swear by it.
Besides for the typical petrolatum and zinc oxide, it also has menthol and lanolin, the ingredient in lansinoh, the cream used for raw nipples when breastfeeding.

Calmoseptine Ointment Tube 4 Ounce (Pack of 2) https://a.co/d/5R3posX

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:36 am
Thanks everyone! Don’t think it’s yeast… his stomach is a mess from antibiotics. Going to try some of these suggestions

amother
Steel  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 6:56 am
I would guess it’s yeast.
Go to the doctor but make sure they prescribe clotrimazole not nystatin.

In the meantime use triple paste and then aquaphor on top.

amother
DarkYellow  

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 7:06 am
If his stomach is a mess from antibiotics, that's likely the cause. Stop using baby wipes because they have alcohol which is more irritation for the skin, use any of the ideas mentioned above, and please, get a good quality probiotics with L. Acidophilus.

amother
  DarkYellow

Post Sun, Oct 13 2024, 7:09 am
amother Steel wrote:
I would guess it’s yeast.
Go to the doctor but make sure they prescribe clotrimazole not nystatin.

In the meantime use triple paste and then aquaphor on top.

Curious why you think clotrimazole over nystatin. I have no opinion either way, just wondering if and why it's better.

And btw, you can get clotrimazole without a prescription as Lotrimin. Just check the active ingredient because there are different ones.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics