Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$1.60 in my bank account
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15  Next

realtalk

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 4:57 am
I'm sorry but if you have $1000/mo in debt payments (car and credit cards) now is really not the time to donate your free time to starting a business. Starting a business is a great idea but only when you're not in such a risky situation.

I work 28hrs a week but bH it has some flexibility. I have carpools some days so I can leave to work earlier/later then. I make up hours at night or Sundays. I take the 8am/5pm appointment slots as much as possible. I use my vacation days for sick visits. The unavoidable middle of the day appointments, I go and make up the hours. If it's a lot at once, my husband has some flexibility also.

I'm not going to undermine that therapy and exercise aren't needs, because they are. But the stress of your current situation and the actual physical repercussions of not having enough food or heat in the winter might be worth exercising 3-4 days/week or dropping 1-2 therapy sessions a month because you're going to end up in the same place physically and mentally regardless

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 5:20 am
realtalk wrote:
I'm sorry but if you have $1000/mo in debt payments (car and credit cards) now is really not the time to donate your free time to starting a business. Starting a business is a great idea but only when you're not in such a risky situation.

I work 28hrs a week but bH it has some flexibility. I have carpools some days so I can leave to work earlier/later then. I make up hours at night or Sundays. I take the 8am/5pm appointment slots as much as possible. I use my vacation days for sick visits. The unavoidable middle of the day appointments, I go and make up the hours. If it's a lot at once, my husband has some flexibility also.

I'm not going to undermine that therapy and exercise aren't needs, because they are. But the stress of your current situation and the actual physical repercussions of not having enough food or heat in the winter might be worth exercising 3-4 days/week or dropping 1-2 therapy sessions a month because you're going to end up in the same place physically and mentally regardless

Ok let’s see if I can clarify somethings here.

So I started this job last January and I went in saying I want to do 20 hours a week and they said it will start off slower and build up. I work in a very specific industry so the amount of available work varies. So on and off it’s been more and less. Now we are at a slow phase so the work is a lot less. I decided that on the times the work was less I would keep busy by starting a business (in addition to starting an exercise routine and seeing my therapist during the day and take kids to appointments). Meanwhile the job I’m at has ebbs and flows. And what’s nice about it also is that it’s super flexible. Now now is an ebb. Maybe it’s time to leave and find something more consistent which is fine, but the pay would be less per hour, which is also fine.
However, I’m not giving up the business it’s a good thing to have

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 5:22 am
Yael wrote:
amother OP has been verified. Everything she says about her financial situation is true. You can pm me if needed.

If anyone can find it in their heart to help with groceries or clothing I would be so grateful.
If you don’t like that I’m asking that’s fine too.

shira leah

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 5:26 am
amother OP wrote:
If anyone can find it in their heart to help with groceries or clothing I would be so grateful.

I am happy to help with food or groceries. Pm me.

amother
  Ginger  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 5:36 am
amother Teal wrote:
Where? There isnt one frum place. Someone mentioned torah nursery. It is not full time. Its 8:30-4:30 and closed on all the days that all the other schools are closed.

There are some private babysitters who work from their homes who do almost full days. (8-4:30) I know because I sent to one of them. Also, for older children (playgroup age) there is a drop off in CH that goes until 5.
I'm not saying it's easy to find, or easy to manage the logistics, I'm just saying they are available.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 6:03 am
amother Ginger wrote:
There are some private babysitters who work from their homes who do almost full days. (8-4:30) I know because I sent to one of them. Also, for older children (playgroup age) there is a drop off in CH that goes until 5.
I'm not saying it's easy to find, or easy to manage the logistics, I'm just saying they are available.

Ok and what about school aged kids too young to be home alone?

amother
  Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 6:31 am
If your serious about making it work, there are ideas out there.
I've hired out of high school/ seminary girls to watch my kids
I've paid a young mother to watch my kid while she had a few of her own anyway to watch, one more didn't make a difference and she made some money at the same time.
You may have to be a bit creative but it is doable. You just have to really make it a priority that you want it to work

amother
  Camellia  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 9:03 am
amother OP wrote:

Do you just need size 3 girls winter? Do you care about trendy and in style for her? I have some things, but they are all hand me downs to me.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 12:01 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Do you just need size 3 girls winter? Do you care about trendy and in style for her? I have some things, but they are all hand me downs to me.

Yes. I don’t need super trendy and in style, but prefer not outdated (I know beggars can’t be choosers). But like basic leggings and sweaters

amother
  Camellia

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes. I don’t need super trendy and in style, but prefer not outdated (I know beggars can’t be choosers). But like basic leggings and sweaters

I'll see what I have iyH then post an email address you can email me at to continue communication.

Also, regarding food- would you like fresh challah? I bake a lot of challah and can give you some. I usually bake whole wheat.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 12:55 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
I'll see what I have iyH then post an email address you can email me at to continue communication.

Also, regarding food- would you like fresh challah? I bake a lot of challah and can give you some. I usually bake whole wheat.

Thank you so much. I usually bake myself and try and freeze so I have lots. Thanks

diny4567

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 1:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

I would love to help. PM me

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 3:19 pm
If you want people to help you you either need to post an email or use your screen name. No one can contact you as another

anonmommy4  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 4:14 pm
Ok I’m posting under my screen name

anonmommy4  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 5:38 pm
Just bumping this up. We received help from some generous people and it took the edge off a bit (a gift card for clothing, some help for groceries). I am eternally grateful you don’t know what you did for us.
If anyone else can help it will help tide us over until we are more stable (I’m looking for a new job and hoping business will grow), and I hope IYH to be able to give back ten fold one day. But right now we are drowning and need help.

amother
  Iris  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:09 pm
What sizes of clothing do you need for your kids?
I think I gave away my3T winter girls clothes already. Is there a different age, gender, or size, that I may have?
I'm local.
if so, either reply here, or say that You will let yael know and she can let me know.

amother
  Iris

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:14 pm
Actually, I have a weekday outfit and shabbos dress that may work for your3 yo. And 2 shabbos dresses for summer...

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 6:28 pm
amother Iris wrote:
What sizes of clothing do you need for your kids?
I think I gave away my3T winter girls clothes already. Is there a different age, gender, or size, that I may have?
I'm local.
if so, either reply here, or say that You will let yael know and she can let me know.

Thanks I don’t want to out myself too much so I will message Yael to let you know thanks again!

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 7:27 pm
I also need ladies clothing size XL/1x if anyone has to giveaway

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Oct 12 2024, 7:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I also need ladies clothing size XL/1x if anyone has to giveaway

If you post an email address, I would be happy to send you an Amazon gift card.

Or to anywhere you'd like, as long as it can be emailed to you.
Page 14 of 15   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15  Next Recent Topics