Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ur Favorite Brooklyn/Manhattan Restuarants (time sensitive)
Previous  1  2

amother
Seashell

Post Yesterday at 6:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wasn't necessarily looking for a steakhouse just not dairy.
Just made a reservation there, I'll update y'all iyh.

One of our favorite places, I think you’ll love it!

meeze

Post Yesterday at 6:53 pm
Mike bistro in Manhattan

amother
Viola  

Post Yesterday at 7:38 pm
You can go to koma for the tuna event. Reserve a seat in front to watch and you get unlimited tuna. I think it's 150 a person. Definitely a unique experience

amother
Banana

Post Yesterday at 9:03 pm
amother Viola wrote:
You can go to koma for the tuna event. Reserve a seat in front to watch and you get unlimited tuna. I think it's 150 a person. Definitely a unique experience

this looks so cool, my husband would love this! do I need to pay for myself if I dont like fish?

amother
  Viola

Post Yesterday at 9:17 pm
amother Banana wrote:
this looks so cool, my husband would love this! do I need to pay for myself if I dont like fish?

I don't know how it would work because they serve a set menu, one sushi piece at a time and they probably want to fill the prime seats with paying customers. Why don't you call and ask, it can't hurt

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 8:37 am
amother Viola wrote:

That sounds so cool! I'll definitely note it for next time.
What does unlimited tuna mean? Just plain, straight off the fish or prepared in different ways?

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 8:38 am
Just an update for any interested parties:
Sen Sakana was AWESOME!
The flavor profiles are really unique and everything we tasted was out of this world amazing, with complex developed flavors and just a really delicious menu.
It ended up being quite pricey (especially with parking in Manhattan) but it was really worth it and I could see ourselves going back there for more special occasions.

BusyBoys  

Post Today at 10:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Just an update for any interested parties:
Sen Sakana was AWESOME!
The flavor profiles are really unique and everything we tasted was out of this world amazing, with complex developed flavors and just a really delicious menu.
It ended up being quite pricey (especially with parking in Manhattan) but it was really worth it and I could see ourselves going back there for more special occasions.

Thanks for the update!
I’ve been following the thread.
Quite pricey meaning 500-600? Or something different

amother
Eggplant  

Post Today at 11:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Anybody enjoyed Sensakana?

We went and absolutely hated almost everything the one or 2 things were slightly ok but not to reorder.
It’s probably an amazing place if you like raw seafood, and are very into fish.
They have very unique flavors that just didn’t work for us.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 11:33 am
No, we paid a bit over $300, but we didn't order any large steaks.
Actually looking over it now, it really wasn't too pricy dh was just more upset about paying $$ for parking than anything else Can't Believe It
I'll break it down for you with an in depth review, my favorite Smile
We started with 2 drinks, the Sensa Sour which was pretty strong (tequila based) but really flavorful and different. and the Cherry Pop, which was this huge glass with a cherry popsicle on top, really good.
Then for our apps we had:
the Shishito peppers which were amazing, I make shishito peppers all the time but they don't come close to theirs, it has these unique bonito flakes which is dried smoked tuna and it paired really well together.
Ceviche Nikkei-also amazing flavor profile, it was super tart and limey but the crunch from the corn and other elements had a really good balance of flavor.
Spicy Smokey and Crunchy sushi roll-this was really good and was the first thing we got so we practically inhaled it because we were so starving. Looking back I wouldn't say it was super special but it was good quality sushi.
Beef Dumplings- they were good but I've had better dumplings, nothing I went nuts over.
Then for our mains we ordered:
Quiona crusted chicken breast- this was really unique tasting, it was fried and the coating tasted almost like tempura batter but so much better, it had a delicious sauce with it as well.
Lomo Soltado- our server recommended this and I'm so happy I tried it because it was a unique Peruvian dish that I don't imagine I would have chosen otherwise.
It was a dish that had crispy Peruvian potatoes, flash fried cubes of meat, red onion peppers scallions in this amazing umami sauce that we literally licked clean with the rice it came along with.
Then for dessert, even though we were stuffed we couldn't hold back from trying their passion fruit cheesecake. This was also super unique, very strong passion fruit flavor in this sour sauce and the consistency was really interesting, it had a bit of a jelly/jiggly consistency and was really delicious!

Looking back now, I really feel we got super value for what we spent honestly, I forgot we ordered so much food!

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 11:37 am
This was so much fun to write out, does anybody know any other restaurants who want a critic?
I'm really good at it lol LOL LOL
And as I stated before, I am very good at giving negative reviews. I'm very discerning to quality and flavor so if this gets 5 stars from me then it means it's awesome!
But, I do have an adventurous palate and as a previous poster said, you need to really enjoy fish and raw food to enjoy the menu. I wasn't looking for a typical steakhouse and this really fit the bill!
Anybody else wants to give full on reviews? I love hearing what people order, maybe we should start a running thread on it.
(And to make it clear, we go out to eat maybe 3/4 times a year. I am just a real foodie and live vicariously through other's food adventures)

BusyBoys

Post Today at 12:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Actually looking over it now, it really wasn't too pricy dh was just more upset about paying $$ for parking than anything else Can't Believe It
We started with 2 drinks, the Sensa Sour which was pretty strong (tequila based) but really flavorful and different. and the Cherry Pop, which was this huge glass with a cherry popsicle on top, really good.
the Shishito peppers which were amazing, I make shishito peppers all the time but they don't come close to theirs, it has these unique bonito flakes which is dried smoked tuna and it paired really well together.
Ceviche Nikkei-also amazing flavor profile, it was super tart and limey but the crunch from the corn and other elements had a really good balance of flavor.
Spicy Smokey and Crunchy sushi roll-this was really good and was the first thing we got so we practically inhaled it because we were so starving. Looking back I wouldn't say it was super special but it was good quality sushi.
Beef Dumplings- they were good but I've had better dumplings, nothing I went nuts over.
Quiona crusted chicken breast- this was really unique tasting, it was fried and the coating tasted almost like tempura batter but so much better, it had a delicious sauce with it as well.
Lomo Soltado- our server recommended this and I'm so happy I tried it because it was a unique Peruvian dish that I don't imagine I would have chosen otherwise.
It was a dish that had crispy Peruvian potatoes, flash fried cubes of meat, red onion peppers scallions in this amazing umami sauce that we literally licked clean with the rice it came along with.
Then for dessert, even though we were stuffed we couldn't hold back from trying their passion fruit cheesecake. This was also super unique, very strong passion fruit flavor in this sour sauce and the consistency was really interesting, it had a bit of a jelly/jiggly consistency and was really delicious!

Looking back now, I really feel we got super value for what we spent honestly, I forgot we ordered so much food!

I’m salivating, thank you!!

giftedmom

Post Today at 12:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anybody enjoyed Sensakana?

Definitely unique. I personally didn’t enjoy it. You have to really like authentic Japanese food.

amother
  Eggplant

Post Today at 5:51 pm
amother OP wrote:

lol after your review I’m tempted to go back and maybe try other stuff.

The Ceviche Nikkei was one we both really hated and left most of it over.

We honestly didn’t buy a lot though so I’m not really being fair.

We had a Sunrise cocktail which was good, the Japanese Cucumber we really tried liking but wouldn’t order again and the Veal Tostaditas also wasn’t terrible but again not the greatest fan.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 6:25 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
lol after your review I’m tempted to go back and maybe try other stuff.

The Ceviche Nikkei was one we both really hated and left most of it over.

We honestly didn’t buy a lot though so I’m not really being fair.

We had a Sunrise cocktail which was good, the Japanese Cucumber we really tried liking but wouldn’t order again and the Veal Tostaditas also wasn’t terrible but again not the greatest fan.

Just a tip for non frequent restaurant goers who want to get the best bang for their buck and the most awesome experience.
Before I go, I google, read reviews, try to see writeups on websites and foodie blogs etc to here what the top dishes are.
I also ask family members/acquaintances for recommendations and I find I have a much better experience only eating the tried and true items.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries