Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
School shootings are a direct result of social workers physi
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:17 am
School shootings are a direct result of social workers and psychiatrists.
Do you agree with that statement or not?

Tiredmom3

Post Yesterday at 8:18 am
Are you trying to start a fight?

amother
Melon

Post Yesterday at 8:19 am
That’s about as ridiculous a statement as one can make. What are you saying?

theoneandonly

Post Yesterday at 8:36 am
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

amother
Freesia  

Post Yesterday at 8:44 am
You didn't finish the sentence. School shootings are a direct result of social workers and psychiatrists doing what exactly?

Do you want to have a conversation about causes of school shootings?

amother
Bone

Post Yesterday at 8:46 am
This is like a half thought. How can anyone agree or disagree? Maybe add more information so we can answer.

amother
Yarrow  

Post Yesterday at 8:47 am
amother OP wrote:

1000%. Let's fire all therapists and psychiatrists.*

*sarcasm alert

amother
Gold  

Post Yesterday at 8:49 am
Do I believe a lqrge majority of school shootings could be prevented? Yes. But thats not on social workers and psychiatrists. The families, friends, teachers, police, and therapists generally have seen red flags that go ignored.

amother
Ballota

Post Yesterday at 8:49 am
amother OP wrote:

Absolutely not!

Oh maybe yeah, because most people with issues go to one,so they probably create the issues too!

shabbatiscoming

Post Yesterday at 8:50 am
amother OP wrote:

You forgot the other half of your thought.
🤔🤦‍♀️

amother
Tealblue

Post Yesterday at 9:27 am
They are a result of mental illness, bullying that isn't addressed, revenge, and violent exposure.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:31 am
amother Ballota wrote:
Absolutely not!

Oh maybe yeah, because most people with issues go to one,so they probably create the issues too!

So here's the thing. There has been a huge increase in school shootings. Specifically in America where all schools have a school social worker.
Not murders or shootings elsewhere. Most of these shootings happened in the school the shooter went to.
Im not saying I agree with this statement or not. It was said by someone who was interviewed after a shooting a few years ago. Don't remember where but this sentence stuck in my head as someone who suffered at the hands of her school.

fmt4

Post Yesterday at 9:35 am
amother OP wrote:
So here's the thing. There has been a huge increase in school shootings. Specifically in America where all schools have a school social worker.
Not murders or shootings elsewhere. Most of these shootings happened in the school the shooter went to.
Im not saying I agree with this statement or not. It was said by someone who was interviewed after a shooting a few years ago. Don't remember where but this sentence stuck in my head as someone who suffered at the hands of her school.

lol. School shootings happen specifically in America because it’s so easy to get a gun. Not because there are social workers. Im not understanding your statement. Are social workers causing kids to shoot up their schools? You need to explain what you mean.

amother
  Gold

Post Yesterday at 9:39 am
amother OP wrote:

This makes no sense. They are not a direct result of school social workers. They are the result of mentally ill people who have access to guns.

scruffy

Post Yesterday at 9:40 am
Correlation does not equal causation.

amother
Puce

Post Yesterday at 9:55 am
I’m a social worker. to my knowledge I’ve never instigated a school shooting

OP this premise is ridiculous

amother
DarkViolet  

Post Yesterday at 9:59 am
As a junior high public school teacher, it’s the guidance counselor and school psychologist that address concerns we have about potential school shooters.

They don’t create the red flag, they address it.

amother
Ginger

Post Yesterday at 10:09 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
As a junior high public school teacher, it’s the guidance counselor and school psychologist that address concerns we have about potential school shooters.

They don’t create the red flag, they address it.

I would think that is the problem, in to many cases there are reports of guidance couselors and sw ignoring signs and allowing the shooter to continue to attend school despite straight out threats.

I would say that its a case by case issue, sometimes they are partially responsible, along with parents, and law enforcement.

amother
Grape

Post Yesterday at 10:33 am
amother OP wrote:

Maybe what that person that was being interviewed meant was that the social workers arent doing enough to prevent the shootings.

But to say that social workers are causing it is ridiculous

Hello99

Post Yesterday at 10:43 am
School shootings are a direct result of the mental health crisis. Almsot every single school shooter has had a number of mental health issues as well as red flags that were ignored.
Saying school shooters are a result of school counselors because most schools have added guidance counselors in the past few years is like saying the increase in school shooters is related to the healthy lunches that students receive in the past few years.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics