Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Clothing for very skinny girl

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 11:11 pm
What company sells tznius clothing for very skinny people? My 18 year old has a very hard time finding clothing that fit her. Tia

amother
Azure

Post Yesterday at 11:14 pm
I was in a Jewish clothing store yesterday with a girl who was trying on xs and xxs and everything was big on her. Crazy, didn’t know these problems existed

amother
Leaf

Post Yesterday at 11:22 pm
Udel has some stuff xxs which is really tiny.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Today at 10:49 am
I have a super skinny and short 19 year old. No specific brands come to mind as running small - she just has to keep going back to the stores and trying on everything they have in xs until she finds something that fits. The style usually makes more of a difference than the brand in how it looks on her, and she often goes to the seamstress, especially to take in sleeves and skirts. We don't complain about the hassle or the cost, because if we did we would just be told how awful it is to be overweight, but honestly, this is hard as well. No girl/young women that age wants to look like she is swimming in ill-fitting clothing. When she finds something that fits well or gets it tailored so it looks great on her, she wears it often and for a long time because it is so hard to find clothing.

amother
DarkRed

Post Today at 10:59 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:
I have a super skinny and short 19 year old. No specific brands come to mind as running small - she just has to keep going back to the stores and trying on everything they have in xs until she finds something that fits. The style usually makes more of a difference than the brand in how it looks on her, and she often goes to the seamstress, especially to take in sleeves and skirts. We don't complain about the hassle or the cost, because if we did we would just be told how awful it is to be overweight, but honestly, this is hard as well. No girl/young women that age wants to look like she is swimming in ill-fitting clothing. When she finds something that fits well or gets it tailored so it looks great on her, she wears it often and for a long time because it is so hard to find clothing.

Same exact situation here. To the T.
We go to loads of stores to find the item that is the least swimming on her. Going to the seamstress is not a question but you can't just tailor a dress that is huge all over. Skirts also, they have to basically fit just need a little taking in.
Might as well custom make something. I find the best style for dresses are fit and flare. They are already bunched at the waist so usually we just have to taper it above the waist.

OP, yes Udel has things that have fit my tiny 19 year old, but she doesn't like their clothing so much. And also, she feels that it's more a "teens" store and will be matching 12 year olds, and at this age they rather go to women's clothing store. (Even though it's really all the same sort of clothing and 12 year olds go the women's stores too...)
I have been looking online for companies that have a petite line. I have some stuff in carts but haven't ordered yet. I'm doubtful they are as petite as I need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics