Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why is frum linen white?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:15 am
amother Ivory wrote:
I love white and I see no problem with it.
I have never stained and I don’t even understand it, don’t you wear underwear?
I once got blood on my white sheet but it was obviously from a cut on my toe and was not a problem according to my Dayan. Moreover, also according to my Dayan, even if it weren’t obvious, it could’ve been attributed to that.
I’d rather see the dirt on my bedding so I can wash it, than not see it and pretend I’m sleeping on clean sheets. Why would anyone prefer hidden dirt? Puke
I LOVE crisp white clean linen and I’ll never change my mind. (Same for bath towels and hand towels.)

No, not everyone wears underwear to bed.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:18 am
The frum sets I buy are all colored sheets. Even if the top of the duvet is white the inside isn’t.

aria3578

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:30 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
Same. I hate staying by
people who have white linen. It’s stressful.

My in laws have white linen in the guest rooms and I hate it.
First off all - makeup
And always so worried I’ll stain the sheets

Queen Of Hearts

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:45 am
newmother wrote:
As a guest I hate white linen, my makeup always gets on the pillowcase and I feel terrible

I always put a long length black slip on my pillowcase when sleeping with makeup at home or when I'm away.

amother
  Gold  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 10:55 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Am I the only one who changes my babies' (newborns) diapers on my bed? Just another reason I don't buy white linen...

Nope. I also change babies on my bed.

amother
  Nemesia

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 11:14 am
amother Gold wrote:
Nope. I also change babies on my bed.

...my three

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 12:32 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Am I the only one who changes my babies' (newborns) diapers on my bed? Just another reason I don't buy white linen...

If you changed a diaper and the linen got dirty, but it was green linen... It makes a difference? What does white have to do with anything?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 12:38 pm
We went to a hotel on out wedding night.

Stark white (fancy) linen.

DH thiught it would be nice to sprinkle rose pedals on the bed beforehand... But they left red stains all over the place.

The rest of the night was basically a comedy scene of one of us panicking about red stains we kept seeing. Calling his rov, jumping away from each other and yelping about the new stains we kept seeing lol!

amother
  Gladiolus

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:46 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
If you changed a diaper and the linen got dirty, but it was green linen... It makes a difference? What does white have to do with anything?

Currently I have beige linen. In the past I had yellow with blue floral design, and another two sets not solids. They hid the stains very well (after spot treating before washing). I got rid of them when I changed the size of my bed, and they didn't fit anymore, not because they were too stained to use. White wouldn't last a month.

essie14

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 9:48 pm
amother Olive wrote:
We went to a hotel on out wedding night.

Stark white (fancy) linen.

DH thiught it would be nice to sprinkle rose pedals on the bed beforehand... But they left red stains all over the place.

The rest of the night was basically a comedy scene of one of us panicking about red stains we kept seeing. Calling his rov, jumping away from each other and yelping about the new stains we kept seeing lol!

The hotel we went to put fake rose petals on our bed ....you'll know for next time LOL

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 6:50 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Currently I have beige linen. In the past I had yellow with blue floral design, and another two sets not solids. They hid the stains very well (after spot treating before washing). I got rid of them when I changed the size of my bed, and they didn't fit anymore, not because they were too stained to use. White wouldn't last a month.

I hear. I have white linen. Never had this issue if staining. I clean it often.
But happy you found something that works for you!

amother
  Ivory

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 8:25 am
Sewsew_mom wrote:

This. Ew, people sleep in poop stained beds? Why don’t you use a mat?

amother
  Gold

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 9:28 am
amother Ivory wrote:
This. Ew, people sleep in poop stained beds? Why don’t you use a mat?

I always use a mat for poop.
Pish I am quick and always use a mat untill a few months old.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 10:07 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
No, not everyone wears underwear to bed.

Even if they do, it can still leak or shift. Even as a single girl I hated sleeping out when I was bleeding and could possibly leak.
Also, smaller than a certain size on color is no problem but on white can cause niddah issues, depending on circumstances. Anything colored similar to blood can cause issues with this, my "nerven" would rather not deal with all the makeup and dirt and and and ...

I got a set when I got married that's basically off-white, which I love, but do not feel it's worth the risk, and I'm not even someone who generally stains (baruch Hashem baruch Hashem baruch Hashem)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics