Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How do I register to vote in the US elections from Israel?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 12:13 pm
I've never done this before and am a bit stuck. I fill out and printed and signed a form. How do I send it to them? I see some states allow it to be emailed and others you have to send it by mail. I am registering in New York since that's where my parents live. Can I email it to them? And if I have to mail it, to where? And what's this "envelope" they ask me to download? It looks like a piece of paper with the address on it. https://www.fvap.gov/r3/fpca/print

Can someone help me please? I thought I was pretty smart, but this is making me feel helpless and dumb.

essie14  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 12:41 pm
Are you registered to vote or are you a 1st time voter?
If you've voted before in NY then you can request the ballot to be emailed to you.
When they email it, you print it out and fill.out the ballot and assemble the envelope that you have printed on an 8x11 piece of paper and put the ballot inside.
Then drop off the ballot at the US embassy or have someone mail it from the US for you. Postage is paid.
Or mail from the post office here in another envelope and you have to pay the postage.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:00 pm
essie14 wrote:
Are you registered to vote or are you a 1st time voter?
If you've voted before in NY then you can request the ballot to be emailed to you.
When they email it, you print it out and fill.out the ballot and assemble the envelope that you have printed on an 8x11 piece of paper and put the ballot inside.
Then drop off the ballot at the US embassy or have someone mail it from the US for you. Postage is paid.
Or mail from the post office here in another envelope and you have to pay the postage.

I'm not sure. I lived in New York until age 19. I think I may have voted once in person in NY, but I can't say for sure. I was back there once a few years ago on Election Day and tried to vote at the place associated with my parents' address, but I wasn't listed there so I didn't vote. That's why I think I have to register from scratch.

My main question is if I can email in the application or I have to snail mail it.

essie14

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 2:49 pm
If you need to register you need to snail mail it. You might have passed the deadline.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 3:21 pm
If you're in Jerusalem there is a Drop In Voting Center where they'll help you with everything
Maalot dafna 129
In yossi's parking
Hamisrad shelanu
Hours 9am- 7pm

There are also a series of drop off locations for voting registrations and ballots.

It's very important for all of us American Israelis to vote in the elections this year. They need to hear the voices of the American citizens living here.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 3:32 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
If you're in Jerusalem there is a Drop In Voting Center where they'll help you with everything
Maalot dafna 129
In yossi's parking
Hamisrad shelanu
Hours 9am- 7pm

There are also a series of drop off locations for voting registrations and ballots.

It's very important for all of us American Israelis to vote in the elections this year. They need to hear the voices of the American citizens living here.

Can you please give me the drop off locations?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions