Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$1.60 in my bank account
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 13  14  15  Next

amother
  Stone  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 2:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Good so what can I do from home? (I can’t tutor or teach, not home the right hours to babysit)

It may take time to find something, but there are remote, part time "real" jobs out there. Its sounds like you need something with flexibility for 25 hours a week, which should give you minimum 30k a year.

Are you on LinkedIn and Zip recruiter?

If you filter by remote and part time, there are options - things like admin, marketing, billing, customer service on the entry level should be around 30k minimum on entry level with no experience for 25 hours

Also try the frum recruiting and job websites and whatsapp groups:
https://macherusa.com/all

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 4:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes. They’re the ones who told me that we make too much for Medicaid and snap

When did you last check? The levels change every year. I think every October, so it literally changed last week if so. (I know it did for childcare as I got an email as a provider.)
Also child care vouchers changed this spring for at least a year to have a second tier of eligibility between the 145th-200th percentile.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 5:48 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
You don't have to answer this question, you don't owe me anything , but I'm curious to know where is your money going??
Yes, your income is not high, BUT
You're not paying tuition, your heating bill is covered. You're getting help with food.
Your mortgage is very low, but you still can't pay it.
So, what ARE you paying for? Where is the $ going?

And to the posters who keep bashing her husband about Tomchei Shabbos. You're making it seem like that's the make it or break it in her life. Yes, it's helpful and necessary in her case for her family to be able to eat, but it's not like she's getting a mortgage payment worth of food. It's not the $70/week worth of food that's putting her over the edge. Her sholom bayis is worth more than that.

4500 a month (it’s actually closer to 4200 after taxes)
-1400 mortgage
-150 electric
-60 water
-75 sewer
-400 childcare
-500 car payment (yes it’s a big expense, it’s 2 cars that are both cheap)
-250 car insurance
-65 life insurance
-50 cell phone
-20 internet
-10 gym (yes it’s that cheap)
-40 auto gas
-160 cleaning help (yes I know your gonna yell at me to cut that out- it’s 2 hours a week for shabbos)
- 100 local tax (they don’t separate it, so I separate it automatically)
- 600 credit card repayment (we are working on debt consolidation so that’s gonna change soon)
- 50-100 misc expenses (things that kids need desperately)
- 50 household needs (basic detergent, toilet paper, foil, etc)
-600food (we need more but this is a very low ballpark number)
-200 heath insurance
-20 a month copays for my therapist

What about the nutritionist who my insurance covers but it’s a $40 co pay a visit, I don’t do that. But it would be better for my health if I did
Go ahead. Analyze and yell at me…
This of course isn’t including major repairs, dental work, things needed for yom tov, things around the house etc.

Oh I forgot to include it’s about $40 a week for one of my business and I just use that money directly for the shabbos cleaning help (I can’t get more specific here without outing myself)

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 6:32 am
amother Stone wrote:
It may take time to find something, but there are remote, part time "real" jobs out there. Its sounds like you need something with flexibility for 25 hours a week, which should give you minimum 30k a year.

Are you on LinkedIn and Zip recruiter?

If you filter by remote and part time, there are options - things like admin, marketing, billing, customer service on the entry level should be around 30k minimum on entry level with no experience for 25 hours

Also try the frum recruiting and job websites and whatsapp groups:
https://macherusa.com/all

So what do I put on my resume to get seen by these jobs (the field I work in is very different)

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 6:33 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
When did you last check? The levels change every year. I think every October, so it literally changed last week if so. (I know it did for childcare as I got an email as a provider.)
Also child care vouchers changed this spring for at least a year to have a second tier of eligibility between the 145th-200th percentile.

Yesterday.
They just made a new 2nd tier for snap which I’m waiting to hear more details on.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 6:37 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Are there frum sites with job postings in your area? Job Whatsapp groups?
Maybe medical billing? Bookkeeping?
What kind of remote jobs working for American companies do newly married in Israel get?

I don’t have experience with any of these and when they look at my resume they way I’m waaay overqualified (B”H)

byisrael

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:09 am
amother OP wrote:
So what do I put on my resume to get seen by these jobs (the field I work in is very different)

I have a friend who is a recruiter and she volunteers in a gmach that helps people with a resumes.

You may have to dumb yours down, or even just shift the way its structured so that they give you the interview

For example: We have a mutual friend with a master is education, and was teaching high school math, but did not have enough hours to cover what she needed.

She needed to make a shift but was not getting responses when she sent a resume out. The resume gmach helped her make the experience she had sound relevant for this kinds of jobs and she is really happy in medical billing today.

Talking to recruiters can also help as they can explain to the person hiring why you would be a good fit even though you look overqualified on paper.

Pm me if u want the gmach info.

amother
  Stone  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:21 am
amother OP wrote:
4500 a month (it’s actually closer to 4200 after taxes)
-1400 mortgage
-150 electric
-60 water
-75 sewer
-400 childcare
-500 car payment (yes it’s a big expense, it’s 2 cars that are both cheap)
-250 car insurance
-65 life insurance
-50 cell phone
-20 internet
-10 gym (yes it’s that cheap)
-40 auto gas
-160 cleaning help (yes I know your gonna yell at me to cut that out- it’s 2 hours a week for shabbos)
- 100 local tax (they don’t separate it, so I separate it automatically)
- 600 credit card repayment (we are working on debt consolidation so that’s gonna change soon)
- 50-100 misc expenses (things that kids need desperately)
- 50 household needs (basic detergent, toilet paper, foil, etc)
-600food (we need more but this is a very low ballpark number)
-200 heath insurance
-20 a month copays for my therapist

What about the nutritionist who my insurance covers but it’s a $40 co pay a visit, I don’t do that. But it would be better for my health if I did
Go ahead. Analyze and yell at me…
This of course isn’t including major repairs, dental work, things needed for yom tov, things around the house etc.

Oh I forgot to include it’s about $40 a week for one of my business and I just use that money directly for the shabbos cleaning help (I can’t get more specific here without outing myself)

The problem isn't the budget, its the income. You are working very very few hours a day, to the point its like not working at all. I would drop the business that has less potential focus on the one that is doing better and has more potential, and get a job that is 25 hours a week minimum.

It can take a while to get you foot in the door, but you should be spending time sending a resume to every job listing you see. When I was looking I probably got an interview 1 out of 100 jobs I sent a resume to, and it took 3 months of doing 1 hour of job search every single day.

Also word of mouth, you tell everyone you know that you are looking for something.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:24 am
amother Stone wrote:
The problem isn't the budget, its the income. You are working very very few hours a day, to the point its like not working at all. I would drop the business that has less potential focus on the one that is doing better and has more potential, and get a job that is 25 hours a week minimum.

It can take a while to get you foot in the door, but you should be spending time sending a resume to every job listing you see. When I was looking I probably got an interview 1 out of 100 jobs I sent a resume to, and it took 3 months of doing 1 hour of job search every single day.

Also word of mouth, you tell everyone you know that you are looking for something.

Ok let me ask you a question realistically. I work about 10-15 hours a week now. If I work 25 when am I going to take my kids to their appointments, exercise, do my own therapy? I’m really asking because I’m nervous to work more hours but I want to.

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:41 am
4500/month is 54K annually...?
That would definitely qualify you for just about everything but it doesn't match up with the salaries you mentioned.

Also, SNAP eligibility is based on monthly income and you can get on if your income is lower one month.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 7:58 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
4500/month is 54K annually...?
That would definitely qualify you for just about everything but it doesn't match up with the salaries you mentioned.

Also, SNAP eligibility is based on monthly income and you can get on if your income is lower one month.

Right so it varies by the month. My work has been a lot slower so I was going by the past two months. Unfortunately our monthly amount is still too high for snap and Medicaid

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:06 am
amother Stone wrote:

Also, one business is something I do already and I’m able to profit from it a bit so I am not dropping that.

The other is a new business that I am starting and would like to grow.

amother
  Ginger  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:12 am
OP, hoe many children do you have? You say you have a big family, but if you have 6 kids you would be eligible for SNAP based on your income

amother
Bottlebrush  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Ok let me ask you a question realistically. I work about 10-15 hours a week now. If I work 25 when am I going to take my kids to their appointments, exercise, do my own therapy? I’m really asking because I’m nervous to work more hours but I want to.

Realistically you do what everybody else does. You have to work your appointments around when you work. That's how it is when you work more hours. It's doable. Lots of us do it. And 25 hours a week is barely part time...for sure not full time.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:20 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Realistically you do what everybody else does. You have to work your appointments around when you work. That's how it is when you work more hours. It's doable. Lots of us do it. And 25 hours a week is barely part time...for sure not full time.

I’m not asking what everyone does, I’m asking how everyone does it. For example my therapist only works 9-3. My kids appointments are in the middle of the day, we are on waiting lists for later but there isn’t anything later right now

amother
  Cyan  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:21 am
amother OP wrote:

Working 10-15 hours a week is extremely minimal, especially for someone who needs the money. I say this as someone who works 35 hours a week plus commute. I would rather work more and have food for my kids. I exercise in the evenings when I can. Schedule appointments around my work schedule. It's not easy but such is life.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:22 am
amother Ginger wrote:
OP, hoe many children do you have? You say you have a big family, but if you have 6 kids you would be eligible for SNAP based on your income

I really don’t want to answer and out myself but please don’t make any assumptions. I checked the numbers many times. We don’t qualify. Why would you just assume I had 6 kids?

amother
  Cyan  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:23 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m not asking what everyone does, I’m asking how everyone does it. For example my therapist only works 9-3. My kids appointments are in the middle of the day, we are on waiting lists for later but there isn’t anything later right now

Find a different therapist that works hours that work for you. Wait longer for your kids appointments. Or schedule them months in advance when you have greater choice of times.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:23 am
amother Cyan wrote:
Working 10-15 hours a week is extremely minimal, especially for someone who needs the money. I say this as someone who works 35 hours a week plus commute. I would rather work more and have food for my kids. I exercise in the evenings when I can. Schedule appointments around my work schedule. It's not easy but such is life.

Yes I know it’s minimal it was more when I started but it fluctuates. And now I got all these daytime appointments and my exercise schedule. I have a medical condition so I need daily exercise. I’m not saying I can’t do it, obviously it’s time for a change, but I’m asking how

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 8:24 am
amother Cyan wrote:
Find a different therapist that works hours that work for you. Wait longer for your kids appointments. Or schedule them months in advance when you have greater choice of times.

I actually tried many therapists. Finally found a good one who actually helps me a lot. I’m not switching right now.
I really can’t stop my kids appointment they’re very important (again can’t elaborate), they’re weekly
Page 10 of 15   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 13  14  15  Next Recent Topics