Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Could my baby be adhd?
Previous  1  2

amother
  Jasmine

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 11:08 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
What I actually wrote was that all babies act like they have ADHD. Which would mean that yes it's typical age appropriate behavior. What I was wondering was if there was a connection between the two. For example babies are impulsive so are people with ADHD. Is it because people with ADHD never develop impulse control because of the ADHD?
Exactly this. They have underdeveloped prefrontal Cortex -- the part of the brain in charge of executive function, rational thinking and impulse control. They don't naturally develop skills that usually come with age.

amother
  Babyblue

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 11:22 pm
Happydance wrote:
My ASD/ADHD child had symptoms from day one. And by that I mean the nurses exclaiming how unusually active he was in utero at first ultrasound. And that continued entire pregnancy. Difficulty with nursing from a sensory aspect (refused nursing at times which no nursing consultant was able to help with, was particular about which bottle nipples, wouldn’t nurse if wet, didn’t take bottle well if he was being held). And my pediatrician making suggestions to help his nurse relating to reducing stimuli in environment due to unusually high distractibility .

My baby did all that plus the ultrasound tech just snapped random pictures while chasing him. He sat up at 3 weeks old-pulled himself up was crazy picky with food and was unable to sit at the table to eat used to run around the table and stop for a spoonful and then go around again.
he is fine now actually the calmest person I know! If he'd had it I would've been yep signs were all there but they were just regular kid stuff. Im happy I waited till he was older before thinking of evaluating him because that probably would have given him low self esteem.

Happydance

Post Yesterday at 12:05 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
My baby did all that plus the ultrasound tech just snapped random pictures while chasing him. He sat up at 3 weeks old-pulled himself up was crazy picky with food and was unable to sit at the table to eat used to run around the table and stop for a spoonful and then go around again.
he is fine now actually the calmest person I know! If he'd had it I would've been yep signs were all there but they were just regular kid stuff. Im happy I waited till he was older before thinking of evaluating him because that probably would have given him low self esteem.

I wasn’t putting my embryo on Ritalin, don’t worry.
In fact he still in unmedicated and does very well with good supports in place

I just think it is interesting that an in tune parent can notice certain patterns of behavior from so young.

As a first time parent I didn’t put the pieces together until I was looking into diagnosis for him in elementary school. But looking back, there has been a clear pattern of operation

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 12:09 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
If you are interested in pursuing a biological root cause approach, there are loads of things you could be doing now to help heal the imbalances in the body that are contributing to the symptoms you're seeing.

Like what
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)