Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Now he's not cooperating at sitter either!
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:58 am
Bh bh bh today went better with the sitter. He didn't seem thrilled to be dropped off and he was again crying when I picked him up, but the sitter said he had just started crying as I came - impatience for me to pick him up I guess? He does that at home sometimes too - and I have no reason not to believe her. His eyes weren't red and teary like yesterday. She said he had a good nap and he ate a jar of baby food. Again he nursed and fell asleep not long after we got home. Still pretty fussy and needy at home but less sad than yesterday.

So I still don't know what's going on but I have hope. Yesterday I was really worried because it was turning into a 2 week streak of hard days at the sitter.

TwinsMommy  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 10:29 pm
At the sitter does he davka cry when other mommies and totties are dropping off and picking up? As a playgroup sub I find some babies are like that---- if any mommy or totty walks in and it's not for him/her, WATCH OUT. Having your baby in a separate room for a few minutes (in a playpen with fave toys) when the sitter knows another kiddo is about to arrive or leave might help with that.

A board book with photos of you (and other family members) to have at the sitter might also help. Mommy is here with me! (sort of... lol). Like those fathers who give a bottle to their baby while wearing a laminated photo of mommy on their own face so baby will "see" Mommy.

Hatzlacha!

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:22 am
Not sure how this thread got revived but wow it makes me want to cry all over again for that desperate wreck I was.

We did have to leave the sitter. It was mutual, I was about ready to pull out when she asked me to drop out because she is not in the business of making babies miserable.

We had a bit of a rocky period with a couple of false starts, but bh bh bh we ended up with a phenomenal new sitter. I still believe the first sitter was great, just for whatever reason not a good fit for this baby at that time. The new sitter is a different vibe that clicked well. She was also just starting out in our neighborhood at that time so she had an empty house with just one other baby overlapping part of the time with mine. I think he did better with the quiet. She took on more kids over time but I guess mine had grown up a bit by then and was ok with it. We're still with the same sitter about 6 months later. He's starting to go through a bit of separation anxiety when I drop him off but I think we're going to be ok this time.

His sleep is still not great and he still likes to demand attention but things are a lot better overall. I was just getting into a groove of being able to get things done while he plays, and now he's discovered books so instead of playing he keeps bringing me things to read 😆 I think I'm never getting a break until he's in school and then I'm going to miss him.

TwinsMommy

Post Yesterday at 9:29 pm
only noticing now that I revived a thread from February. I didn't do that on purpose. Just clicked on "related topics" at the bottom of the page from another thread and this thread looked interesting. I should be more careful to check dates and not bring back old posts. Sorry if I annoyed anyone. Smile I know reviving old threads isn't usually done. But yeah, I got here through the "related topics" which I sometimes do when imamother-ing. SO glad he's doing better! Some kiddos just need a smaller, quieter group.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 9:38 pm
No harm done! I'm actually happy you did that because I had forgotten to update the kind posters who offered sympathy, encouragement, and ideas. And also because it reminded me exactly how grateful to be for how far we've come - I actually didn't forget the story, I remember how we got here each time I'm grateful to have a good sitter (like right now when she's on the way to vacation. I am very grateful for the times she is NOT on vacation!) but I must have blocked out the depth of agony I was in at the time.

Last couple of days he didn't eat or sleep well at the sitter either. But she's away for the next 2 weeks anyway and hopefully this will not be a thing again!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics