Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What to fill egg roll wrappers with?

amother
OP  

Post Today at 8:45 am
I've been trying to buy the ready filled ones so all I need to do is fry them on erev y't but I can't find them anywhere.
I bought the wrappers.
Does anyone have a nice veg recipe that I can make a big pot of and fill them with please?
I don't want to do chicken. I have a lot to make for one meal with a lot of guests. Tia

amother
Ivory

Post Today at 8:50 am
I did sautéed onion, shredded cabbage and shredded carrots. Add some spices and optional soy sauce. Was delicious!!!!!!!

mha3484

Post Today at 8:53 am
This is my favorite way to make eggrolls. I would leave out the meat but the noodles add a great texture. https://natashaskitchen.com/po.....olls/

If you dont leave out the meat I use ground turkey or chicken and per eggroll its not a lot. Maybe a tablespoon?

Chayalle  

Post Today at 8:59 am
Leftover roast or chicken from RH, pulled and combined with sauteed onion and a little BBQ sauce, make delicious "pulled chicken eggrolls" or "pulled brisket eggrolls", etc.... for Succos.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 10:11 am
Yum, thanks for the ideas.
What meat do I make pulled beef with please? This will probably be the easiest for me, to make something in the slow cooker, shred quickly and fill them. And fry

Chayalle  

Post Today at 10:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Yum, thanks for the ideas.
What meat do I make pulled beef with please? This will probably be the easiest for me, to make something in the slow cooker, shred quickly and fill them. And fry

I've done Deckel or Brisket or even a Chuck Roast. Just anything low and slow in the crockpot will shred easily with two forks and fill the eggroll nicely.

I did this for appetizer for niece's Sheva Brachos, and it went beautifully.

For a delicious dipping sauce, mix some apricot jam or duck sauce with a drop of mustard and a drop of teriyaki sauce, goes beautifully with the meat eggrols.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 10:19 am
Chayalle wrote:
I've done Deckel or Brisket or even a Chuck Roast. Just anything low and slow in the crockpot will shred easily with two forks and fill the eggroll nicely.

I did this for appetizer for niece's Sheva Brachos, and it went beautifully.

For a delicious dipping sauce, mix some apricot jam or duck sauce with a drop of mustard and a drop of teriyaki sauce, goes beautifully with the meat eggrols.

Thanks! Can I just use sweet chilli sauce? I won't have time to make a sauce.

Chayalle

Post Today at 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Can I just use sweet chilli sauce? I won't have time to make a sauce.

Yes, you probably could.
Though I often mix up the sauce in 3 minutes before the meal, so long as I make sure to have the ingredients. But sweet chilli would probably taste good.

amother
Acacia

Post Today at 10:39 am
I made pulled beef egg rolls for rosh hashana.

Bought the cheapest meat that shreds. Would use Chuck, second cut brisket, square roast, etc.
Pour on some bbq sauce. Some water. Slice 1-2 onions. Cover tightly. Bake at 275 for 6 hrs. Shred. Fill egg rolls and fry.
They were so good.

amother
Chocolate

Post Today at 10:46 am
Onions cabbage pastrami all sautéed
Mayo ketchup honey soy sauce.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics