Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Velcro-baby help

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 7:47 pm
Any tips for Velcro babies who refuse to sleep?
My baby is 8 months old and needs to be held almost 109% of the time. I’m ok with that. I’ve had a Velcro-baby in the past. It’s only temporary, all of that. That’s not my issue over here- this is just some background.
He has never been the greatest sleeper, but again, I’m ok-ish with that lol. The hard part is he needs me to physically hold and rock him until he falls asleep, and he weighs 25 pounds. Lately he has been taking shorter naps, refusing naps altogether, and/or waking up the second I put him down in his crib. He will wake up in middle of the night, I will finally get him back to sleep, and then he wakes up when he barely touches his mattress. So the cycle goes on for about an hour, and this happens 2-3 times per night.
Anyone have experience and advice for me? I’m falling apart.

amother
Turquoise

Post Yesterday at 7:51 pm
What’s a Velcro baby?
I never heard the term.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 7:53 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
What’s a Velcro baby?
I never heard the term.

Extra clingy. Like Velcro!

michimochi  

Post Yesterday at 7:58 pm
Would you consider co-sleeping? My baby was like that. When we started cosleeping, when she woke up she wouldbe fine as long as she could reach out and feel me there, then would cuddle up and go back to sleep.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:02 pm
michimochi wrote:
Would you consider co-sleeping? My baby was like that. When we started cosleeping, when she woke up she wouldbe fine as long as she could reach out and feel me there, then would cuddle up and go back to sleep.

Like bed-sharing? I considered that, and I am not 100% opposed to it, but I’m still unsure. I’m a very delicate sleeper, so I’m not sure how it would help my sleep deprivation in the end.

michimochi  

Post Yesterday at 8:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Like bed-sharing? I considered that, and I am not 100% opposed to it, but I’m still unsure. I’m a very delicate sleeper, so I’m not sure how it would help my sleep deprivation in the end.

Yeah, bed-sharing. If you're not totally opposed it may be worth a shot. Maybe even though you are a light sleeper you would be able to sleep well with the peace of mind that your baby is also happily sleeping next to you and you don't have to be on alert?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 8:32 pm
michimochi wrote:
Yeah, bed-sharing. If you're not totally opposed it may be worth a shot. Maybe even though you are a light sleeper you would be able to sleep well with the peace of mind that your baby is also happily sleeping next to you and you don't have to be on alert?

I can give it a shot, since I feel like I’ve tried everything else. But ive been trying to get him to sleep for the past hour, and he doesn’t want me to put him down, even in my bed. Cries and squirms even though I’m right there.

michimochi  

Post Yesterday at 10:25 pm
Try snuggling him into your side a little and wrapping an arm around him? (I do over baby's legs for safety) Do you nurse him? I have had success putting the baby down while still latched, then repositioning to be comfortable

michimochi

Post Yesterday at 10:26 pm
Just thought of this... Does your baby have reflux? Maybe he is comfortable when held for a reason other than just wanting to be with mommy? Does he respond to being propped up a little, like on a pillow or an inclined mattress?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics