Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Photography business

idkmyusername

Post Yesterday at 5:48 pm
I was thinking of going into photography, like newborn photoshoots or brissim and small simchas... But I wanted to know if its so practical, my husband is in kollel but works on the side so were getting by now with one baby but in the future I'm nervous not to have a steady income. also, if anyone is in the field or knows anyone- where did you learn photography and photoshopping? and how much could you get for a session/hr.?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Yesterday at 5:50 pm
You can’t live on it unless you are high end. High end also means being really good at it. Prices depend on where you live. But it’s a hard market to break into now that everyone owns cameras.

Bethany85

Post Yesterday at 6:48 pm
Theres more to photography than owning a camera and pressing the shutter button. It’s not super hard to learn the basics of light, exposure, indoor vs outdoor flash vs no flash etc.. but it takes time and money.
There’s also lenses which are expensive. And learning post processing like adobe lightroom.

amother
Eggshell

Post Yesterday at 7:10 pm
Making money from photography is more business skills than photography skills. It's doable, I have a friend overseas who singlehandedly supports her large family and learning husband just by doing photos for people and she makes good money but it's important to note that even if she does a good job itsalso that she runs her business in a smart way. She's super nice and gives amazing customer service and her client families love her.

TwinsMommy

Post Today at 1:07 am
I always forget her imamother name-- it's either TranquilityandPeace or PeaceandTranquility ...... she switched into photography a number of years ago and is quite successful (and does great work). Maybe she'll respond here or someone can remind me her exact handle and you can message her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics