Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Supporting business hurt by pro-palestinians

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:06 pm
I got an email from my daughter's camp saying that the Settenbrino family's business in New York has been really affected because their son is currently in the idf. pro-Palestinians have found out and have come after them.

the email wrote
"Their business is unfortunately down 30% from last year. If you have need of a hotel in NYC or want to enjoy a delicious meal out, we encourage you to check out the Historic Blue Moon Hotel and restaurant. They also have an online store where you can purchase Blue Moon merchandise and original art prints.

I asked about hechsher since I didn't see anything on the website and was told
""Rabbi Shlomo Fishelis provides our hechsher. It’s dairy and chalav Yisroel, pas Yisroel as well."

I thought since many amothers live or travel to NY and want to support people fighting in the IDF this might be of interest to people. It also looks like an interesting hotel and restaurant as well.

I don't know them personally and have never been to either place. I got Yael's permission before posting this.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I got an email from my daughter's camp saying that the Settenbrino family's business in New York has been really affected because their son is currently in the idf. pro-Palestinians have found out and have come after them.

the email wrote
"Their business is unfortunately down 30% from last year. If you have need of a hotel in NYC or want to enjoy a delicious meal out, we encourage you to check out the Historic Blue Moon Hotel and restaurant. They also have an online store where you can purchase Blue Moon merchandise and original art prints.

I asked about hechsher since I didn't see anything on the website and was told
""Rabbi Shlomo Fishelis provides our hechsher. It’s dairy and chalav Yisroel, pas Yisroel as well."

I thought since many amothers live or travel to NY and want to support people fighting in the IDF this might be of interest to people. It also looks like an interesting hotel and restaurant as well.

I don't know them personally and have never been to either place. I got Yael's permission before posting this.

Thanks!

I've been meaning to check it out and forgot about it

With this Info I would love to go there for my anniversary this month

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Thanks!

I've been meaning to check it out and forgot about it

With this Info I would love to go there for my anniversary this month

so happy to hear that!

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:32 pm
Thank you Op!
Am Yisroel Chai!

imasinger

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:35 pm
Thank you for posting this!

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 9:03 pm
I know them and they have really been suffering due to their son's IDF service (to the degree that they are sometimes scared Crying )
They can really use the support!

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 10:36 pm
Yes it is crazy what's happening to them and a travesty that our government and police aren't doing more to stop the threats and vandalism, even if they can't do anything about calls to boycott.

Rabbi Fishelis is a strong hechsher. I believe he is affiliated with MTJ (harav Feinstein's yeshiva) and provides most of the hashgacha within and around that community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics