Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
New toy ideas?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:20 pm
I have a 4.5 year old girl who really needs to be entertained on Yom Kippur. She’s pretty difficult. Any ideas for new toys? She wants me to buy some mitzvah kinder but it’s so expensive. I have all the standard toys…

amother
Wheat  

Post Yesterday at 3:23 pm
Probably worth investing in the mitzvah kinder if she’s so interested in it. It will pay off. I find pretend play is best at this age. Mine is very into her dolls she loves when I add new accessories for them, she loves the my generation dolls and accessories from target, Polly pockets, play Mobil…

lamplighter

Post Yesterday at 3:27 pm
Best is to buy more of what they like, accessories or add on peices. A whole new toy is hit or miss.

SuperWify  

Post Yesterday at 3:45 pm
My son also really wants it. Couldn’t justify the price.

I got him this and he was busy for a long time.

Kids STEM Building Toys for 3 4 5... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CZ.....share

amother
Pansy

Post Yesterday at 3:51 pm
Mitzva kinder last a long time and used for many ages. It's definitely expensive, but it can be used daily.
My older kids love using them with their building toys like magnatile houses. My babies love seeing familiar type faces, and definitely a hit with toddlers.

amother
Moccasin

Post Yesterday at 5:08 pm
I saw one lady on the neighbourhood email asking for other mothers interested in doing a toy swap for Yom Kippur. She gave the ages of her children, and said she would be interested in three or four toys each. If it works, they'd all get a new to them toy to play with, without the extra expense.

amother
Ecru  

Post Yesterday at 5:12 pm
I played with mitzvah kinder twenty years ago. My kids now play with them when I visit my parents. They last that long! And are such versatile toys.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 6:24 pm
SuperWify wrote:
My son also really wants it. Couldn’t justify the price.

I got him this and he was busy for a long time.

Kids STEM Building Toys for 3 4 5... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CZ.....share

I got zoob before and it all cracked
I splurged on some mitzvah kinder and also the cheaper kinder velt

amother
Heather

Post Yesterday at 6:24 pm
Pegs

amother
Plum  

Post Yesterday at 6:27 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
I played with mitzvah kinder twenty years ago. My kids now play with them when I visit my parents. They last that long! And are such versatile toys.

You must be really young!

amother
  Wheat

Post Yesterday at 6:28 pm
amother Plum wrote:
You must be really young!

I’m almost 40 pretty sure they came out when I was teen. She doesn’t have to be so young.

SuperWify

Post Yesterday at 6:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I got zoob before and it all cracked
I splurged on some mitzvah kinder and also the cheaper kinder velt

This is another brand. Looks sturdy.

Where do you get kinder velt from? Toys 4 u?

amother
  Plum

Post Yesterday at 7:10 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
I’m almost 40 pretty sure they came out when I was teen. She doesn’t have to be so young.

I'm a little older than that. I think my oldest, currently 21, was a toddler. I'm guessing that poster is in her early 20s, or younger, making her, yes, very young.

amother
Dimgray  

Post Yesterday at 7:12 pm
is there any thing like as durable like mitzvah kinder besides lego and playmobil?

I have them both and want a change.

mitzvah kinder looks a little cheap?

any quality well known animal and farm sets?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 7:15 pm
Little people ? But a lot of them make noise

amother
Molasses

Post Yesterday at 7:15 pm
Would you get the fisher price little people instead? My kids love those. They’re cheaper than mitzvah kinder.

amother
Cyan

Post Yesterday at 7:25 pm
If you buy straight from the kindervelt website I've found it's cheaper than buying them anywhere else - I think it's called chazak kinder... Free shipping over $50. I stock up on a few sets and take them out as needed for YT, birthdays etc.

amother
Coffee

Post Yesterday at 7:27 pm
My kids love little people. Plenty don't make noise (and we just don't put on batteries of the ones that do). Much cheaper then the Jewish sets and really easy to get on second hand sites of your looking for really cheap....

Also kindervelt came out with Mini Munchkins that fit with the little people sets! They are perfect... We pair those with the little people sets... so my kids still get to play with menchies that have a hat and look like totty.... And this way I'm only spending big money on the people and not on the sets...

amother
Magnolia  

Post Yesterday at 7:33 pm
Picasso Cubes 1” Magnetic Puzzle Cubes 108 Piece Magnet Construction Building Block Set Sensory Toy Early Education STEM Learning, Free Ideabook with 50 Ideas, Children Age 3+ Boy Girl PMC108

This was a major hit with my kids this age. They played with it for hours on Day #1 that they got it and have been playing with it many many times since.

amother
  Magnolia

Post Yesterday at 7:34 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
is there any thing like as durable like mitzvah kinder besides lego and playmobil?

I have them both and want a change.

mitzvah kinder looks a little cheap?

any quality well known animal and farm sets?

Safari LTD has quality animals however they stents cheap. Schleich also has great quality animals (I prefer Safari though since they write the name of the animal on the bottom)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur