Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
My Visit Home Ami Living

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:40 pm
Can someone explain My Visit Home by Yocheved Klein in last week's Ami Living (September 25)? The narrator arrives back home and everything is the way she left it, except that she writes that her parents were happy to see her and offered her lunch.
Were her parents deceased but she was imagining them there but then it hit her?
Also, I found it confusing that she helped herself to some nosh from the kitchen for the drive home. If no one was living there, how was the kitchen stocked with food?

amother
Apple

Post Yesterday at 10:53 pm
She was keeping her parents home empty and would come back to reminisce. She was keeping the home running, including restocking snacks.

kenz  

Post Yesterday at 10:53 pm
Same questions! I assume there will be some clarification in an upcoming issue after many confused inquiries! Obviously they’re no longer there but if they’re both no longer alive, why is the house intact? And why would she have to make up explanations about having gone there to her family? So many questions…

kenz

Post Yesterday at 10:54 pm
amother Apple wrote:
She was keeping her parents home empty and would come back to reminisce. She was keeping the home running, including restocking snacks.

Hm, we cross posted. But why was she doing that? It’s so very strange.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 11:07 pm
kenz wrote:
Hm, we cross posted. But why was she doing that? It’s so very strange.

Her form of grieving?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Yesterday at 11:36 pm
It was such a macabre and sad story. I guess I took away that I should enjoy spending time with my parents (which I do B”H). But the narrator could use some therapy - I don’t know if it’s healthy or practical to keep up this charade.

amother
Grape

Post Yesterday at 11:52 pm
I’m glad you started this thread because I was also wondering about that story.
Something was missing there and it’s very unclear. Couldn’t figure out if her parents stepped out or were no longer alive. Very strange. I thought they would excuse themselves this week and apologize that part of the story was missing.

amother
Babyblue

Post Today at 1:03 am
From what I understood, is that her parents are no longer alive, and she is keeping the house as it was.
Very sad indeed
Oh and she is I guess embarrassed from her family about this so she isnt sharing with them where she was?

flowerpower

Post Today at 1:22 am
She goes back to the house which is untouched since they passed when she has moments of grief.

amother
Sapphire

Post Today at 1:36 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
It was such a macabre and sad story. I guess I took away that I should enjoy spending time with my parents (which I do B”H). But the narrator could use some therapy - I don’t know if it’s healthy or practical to keep up this charade.

On a practical level... houses don't usually stay empty. They get sold, rented, cleaned out. I hate to bring in reality here...

Also, what was the point, what message was the author trying to give over?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room