Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
First Timer here: Leek, Butternut Squash recipes

amother
OP  

Post Today at 5:29 pm
Our first RH home really looking forward to making it special, easier than packing up

Looking for yummy heimish recipes that are easy to follow

Especially simanim ones

Gut gebentched yahr!!!

mha3484  

Post Today at 5:30 pm
My kids love when I make leek patties.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:31 pm
Recipe?

mha3484

Post Today at 5:32 pm
https://www.oztelem.com/leek-patties/ some years I double and freeze half for sukkos. They are so so good.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 5:36 pm
mha3484 wrote:
https://www.oztelem.com/leek-patties/ some years I double and freeze half for sukkos. They are so so good.

Sounds delicious Ty!!!

amother
Currant

Post Today at 8:44 pm
I am happy to share my butternut squash soup recipe. Some of the measurements are approximate.
Sautéed large diced yellow onion in large stock pot in about 4 Tablespoons of Olive oil. When lightly golden, add 6 cups of seeded and diced squash and 4 cups of diced sweet potatoes. Add 3 tablespoons of osem consommé powder(if you don’t like that, you can add salt and pepper to taste and a carton of imagine no chicken soup.) Add 3 shakes of garlic powder, 8 cups of water, 4 shakes of Chinese 5 spice powder, 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar. Cook on medium light for 30 minutes and reduce to low. Cook another half hour or until vegetables are soft. Turn off light and purée soup with a stick blender. Taste and correct seasoning as needed. If it’s too thick for your taste, add a half cut of hot water, stir, and see if it’s to your liking. For serving, you can garnish with apple slices. Serve with crunchy Chinese noodles or Israeli soup croutons. You can also top with a teaspoon of tofutti sour cream and stir to blend. Enjoy your yontiff!!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Today at 8:58 pm
You can use cabbage instead of leek. I make noodles and cabbage, it doubles as a great heimish side dish

BH Yom Yom

Post Today at 9:02 pm
Potato-leek soup!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur