Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
No one talks about this
Previous  1  2

amother
  Cyan

Post Today at 9:05 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
I’m working, cooking, and driving 4 hours to be with a child who has a job in the community and cannot come home for yontiff. I am the only driver. I’m also hosting Sukkos. It’s a lot, but I will make it work-by staying organized and not stressing over details that I can’t control. No need to feel sorry for me. My reward is bringing joy to my family and understanding that without my input, there would be no holiday. My mother did the same, and I am doing so willingly.

Wow. This is the big one I try to remember even though it's tough. Big picture, everything with get done. Shana tova.

amother
Chambray

Post Today at 9:15 am
So beautiful for you to work, cook, and drive. I hope that you have nachas from your child with the community job. I hope that you have a nice Sukkos. Good attitude!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Today at 9:39 am
For me it's not the cooking that's so stressful.
It's everything else. The cleaning and laundry and errands and dealing with resentful kids who are convinced that no one else has mothers who work on erev yt. (And they're mostly right. Most of my friends and neighbors don't work erevs).

My husband and I both work. I have teens who babysit. They're resentful enough of babysitting. They aren't willing to also do the cleaning and laundry.
So I come home erev Yom Tov to a house and tons of stressful responsibilities.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 9:51 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Honestly for me its not the cooking that's the challenge. I am organized and cook in advance. It's sitting at work on erev yom tov while my kids are home that makes my heart break. I wish I was with them. I read the threads of people complaining how annoying their kids are on erev yt and I wish I was home with mine.

Exactly!!! Same for me! I have help and will have great food. It’s the erev yomtov feeling I’m missing.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 10:14 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
For me it's not the cooking that's so stressful.
It's everything else. The cleaning and laundry and errands and dealing with resentful kids who are convinced that no one else has mothers who work on erev yt. (And they're mostly right. Most of my friends and neighbors don't work erevs).

My husband and I both work. I have teens who babysit. They're resentful enough of babysitting. They aren't willing to also do the cleaning and laundry.
So I come home erev Yom Tov to a house and tons of stressful responsibilities.

100% accurate! It’s getting it all together mentally and physically. Not food specific. Clothing, socks, shoes, machzorim, errands, cleaners, washing linens, laundry…

amother
Mimosa

Post Today at 10:30 am
When my s playgroup is closed before (or after) YT, I'm scrambling to find a neighborhood girl to babysit. At times, it doesn't pay, and I have my own Y"T to do, so I'll just take off.

**They are only paying "Holiday" if I come in the day before. Now really need babysitter, even just short time. (It's generally half day on erev)

Chol hamoed my mother offered to babysit one day so I can go to work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics