Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Right wing modern orthodox schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 3:17 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
You do you, but this isn’t RWMO.
You need an old time out of town accept everyone but we have our hashkafa school. YST in highland park doesn’t have parents like this anymore. RYNJ mentioned up thread does have some, but that’s not the hashkafa of the school.

I’m aware this isn’t right wing modern orthodox, but I’m trying to find a place that my husband will agree to as well which is why I phrased my post the way I did. Question is, does RYNJ accept parents who dress like I do?

amother
  Cyclamen

Post Today at 4:27 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
You do you, but this isn’t RWMO.
You need an old time out of town accept everyone but we have our hashkafa school. YST in highland park doesn’t have parents like this anymore. RYNJ mentioned up thread does have some, but that’s not the hashkafa of the school.

Right YST has shifted to the right, but like 20 years ago it was.

I general, I think the more OOT will have more options that just have a really broad range. In the Tristate area things tend to be more "niche" and specific and it may be harder for you to find a place that both of you are happy with.

Katz Hillel in Boca, Torah Day School in Dallas, Atlanta jewish Academy in Atlanta, RPRY in Highland Park are places I can think of...

amother
Ghostwhite  

Post Today at 5:44 am
Five towns has many different types, they have plenty of schools but these 2 sound great for you:
HALB
Shulamith

Teaneck:
RYNJ

Monsey:
ASHER

These are specifically RWMO many moms cover their hair etc… runs the spectrum too but within the right of MO.

West Hempstead, KGH, Staten Island, Edison, Elizabeth all have local community day schools as well

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:56 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Five towns has many different types, they have plenty of schools but these 2 sound great for you:
HALB
Shulamith

Teaneck:
RYNJ

Monsey:
ASHER

These are specifically RWMO many moms cover their hair etc… runs the spectrum too but within the right of MO.

West Hempstead, KGH, Staten Island, Edison, Elizabeth all have local community day schools as well

Thank you very much. This was super helpful. Just wondering if there is a boys equivalent of shulamith? Thank you

Ruchel

Post Today at 5:56 am
Beware. Depending on where you are they might not have gemara for girls at all. And they may or not be coed. And sionisme may or not be a big deal. So each school is different. Eating falafel and playing with flags once a year isn't being zionisyic...

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:02 am
Ruchel wrote:
Beware. Depending on where you are they might not have gemara for girls at all. And they may or not be coed. And sionisme may or not be a big deal. So each school is different. Eating falafel and playing with flags once a year isn't being zionisyic...

None of the schools that were suggested were coed, most of them have separate boys and girls divisions. If they teach gemera to the girls, that’s great and if not, it will not be the final reason whether or not I send my children there.

amother
Oldlace  

Post Today at 6:46 am
Rynj is probably closest to what you're looking for. And while most of the parent body does dress more strictly than you do, some are more like you, so you'll be fine. MO schools, even the more to the right ones, don't get involved in what you do outside of school. They don't make rules about where you can go on vacation or what you can wear outside of school or filtering your internet (rynj strongly recommends you filter, but they don't make it a requirement of attendance).

amother
Papaya  

Post Today at 6:50 am
I'll also add RPRY in Edison, NJ to the list.

Excellent secular and limmudei kodesh (this past year they took first place in multiple robotics/ stem competitions and first place in both boys and girls Torah Bowl). Big focus on each child as an individual.

And it sounds like the HP/Edison community would be comfortable for both you and DH.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:55 am
amother Papaya wrote:
I'll also add RPRY in Edison, NJ to the list.

Excellent secular and limmudei kodesh (this past year they took first place in multiple robotics/ stem competitions and first place in both boys and girls Torah Bowl). Big focus on each child as an individual.

And it sounds like the HP/Edison community would be comfortable for both you and DH.

From the quick googling I’ve done, I think RWNJ is probably going to be a lot easier to convince my husband to apply to. RPRY seems to be a bit more modern which I don’t think he will be comfortable with.

amother
  Papaya

Post Today at 7:01 am
amother OP wrote:
From the quick googling I’ve done, I think RWNJ is probably going to be a lot easier to convince my husband to apply to. RPRY seems to be a bit more modern which I don’t think he will be comfortable with.

I hear that.

The school splits at 4th grade. The student body is a mix. But that reflects the community. Families from yeshivish-lwmo.

Though as a community it sounds like it might be a better for than Teaneck.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 7:09 am
amother Papaya wrote:
I hear that.

The school splits at 4th grade. The student body is a mix. But that reflects the community. Families from yeshivish-lwmo.

Though as a community it sounds like it might be a better for than Teaneck.

I will look into it. Thank you

amother
Alyssum

Post Today at 7:29 am
Bruriah in Elizabeth NJ is like that. It was when I attended many years ago. I don’t know if it still is. It’s a girls high school.

amother
Lotus

Post Today at 7:30 am
YBH in Passaic is officially right wing MO although they’ve moved so far to the right over the last few years I don’t know what they’re considered any more.
Vast majority of the parent body dresses more covered up than it sounds like you do but I think there are still some…

amother
Red  

Post Today at 7:33 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Don’t meant to venture off your original question, but I’m not sure how you can consider yourself right wing and not really support the state of Israel. More often than not, it’s far right elements in Jewish society like neturei karta, satmar, yeshivish litvish elements that keep more chumras and don’t support the state of Israel. Keeping less chumras usually aligns with supporting Israel more. Most if not all right wing politicians in the world right now support Israel.

Why the need to put everyone down? This thread is so ridiculous. She asked about schools and so far all everyone did is make her feel unwelcome and attack her. You obviously don’t know about other circles and your derogatory comments about others are so uncalled for.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Today at 7:33 am
amother Lotus wrote:
YBH in Passaic is officially right wing MO although they’ve moved so far to the right over the last few years I don’t know what they’re considered any more.
Vast majority of the parent body dresses more covered up than it sounds like you do but I think there are still some…

I don't think the school would be OK with mom wearing pants and tank top in public even for working out. The other parts sound fine plenty of parents don't fully cover hair, knees etc

amother
  Red  

Post Today at 7:39 am
I find these threads very interesting. People always say how mo schools don’t judge and accept a wide range of people. Yet whenever someone not perfectly mo inquires about sending there they are treated really badly. They are automatically pulled apart, attacked and treated in a very snobby manner. What happened to the no judgement accept everyone part? This was so painful to read, some of you owe the op major apologies.

amother
Melon  

Post Today at 7:52 am
amother Red wrote:
I find these threads very interesting. People always say how mo schools don’t judge and accept a wide range of people. Yet whenever someone not perfectly mo inquires about sending there they are treated really badly. They are automatically pulled apart, attacked and treated in a very snobby manner. What happened to the no judgement accept everyone part? This was so painful to read, some of you owe the op major apologies.

Huh? OP literally asked if she would fit in? Just like if I asked, I would be told how I don’t in to Lakewood schools, we have that thread every week.

amother
  Melon  

Post Today at 7:53 am
Check out Yeshivat Noam in Paramus.

amother
Whitewash

Post Today at 8:03 am
amother Melon wrote:
Check out Yeshivat Noam in Paramus.

Yes.

Also for boys high school, heichal HaTorah is exactly what you’re looking for.

amother
  Red

Post Today at 8:06 am
amother Melon wrote:
Huh? OP literally asked if she would fit in? Just like if I asked, I would be told how I don’t in to Lakewood schools, we have that thread every week.

And some of the posts were pretty disgusting on the first page. Then finally some people actually answered her questions. No this doesn’t happen about other schools, then people stick to describing the schools giving the op information to decide if it’s a good fit. Here the posters went after her instead.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics