Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Temporary Blindness/ Skinny Mirrors?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:44 pm
I feel like a crazy person. I went shopping for yt, tried on tons of things, finally felt good in one (and of course not a cheap one). The woman helping me was gushing over it too. I came home and tried it on and was beside myself with how bad it looked. Now I have three days to drive 45 minutes to get store credit and that's if I make it there in time.... Please tell me that I'm not alone in this.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:45 pm
Im with you

Something happens in the store thatmakes me look so much better.

Sometimes I must be blind.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:46 pm
Lol! It always happens to me too!

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:47 pm
Are you sure it doesn't look good? Ask an honest friend?
My mirror at home is fattening

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:49 pm
I wonder if the salespeople realize what's going on and are encouraging to make a sale... Sometimes I feel like I'm so excited to find something that I like in my size that I convince myself it looks good because it just needs to.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 3:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wonder if the salespeople realize what's going on and are encouraging to make a sale... Sometimes I feel like I'm so excited to find something that I like in my size that I convince myself it looks good because it just needs to.

I've been in stores and overheard the sales ladies convincing customers that what they're wearing fits great and looks great. Sometimes it's really horrible and I'm tempted to go over to the woman and be honest with her about how it looks. I don't do it because I'm afraid she'll be extremely insulted.

It's best if you can ask someone you trust. That's what's great about having teenage dds, they're always brutally honest about my clothing choices.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 3:21 pm
Happens to me all the time. But I think it’s time of day and if it’s before or after a meal and how swollen I am from running around.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 3:25 pm
I think they do have different mirrors in the stores.

renslet

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 3:42 pm
lamplighter wrote:

Totally

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 3:44 pm
Argh! They’re skinny mirrors for sure.
Also lighting matters. Why do all tichels look good in the store?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:38 pm
lamplighter wrote:

For sure. They're tilted or distorted or something to make you look taller and slimmer. But the lighting is usually horrendous, so that sort of counterbalances the false good impression, don't you think?

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:08 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I've been in stores and overheard the sales ladies convincing customers that what they're wearing fits great and looks great. Sometimes it's really horrible and I'm tempted to go over to the woman and be honest with her about how it looks. I don't do it because I'm afraid she'll be extremely insulted. .

This couldn't be more true. There's one local store I stopped going I to only because of this reason. The sales lady is too overbearing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven