My school refused to work with me  
 1%  [ 2 ]
I'm very behind on tuition  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 199

amother
Strawberry

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 2:49 pm
I did not vote because none of the choices was accurate for me. Full tuition for each of my kids is $30,000 a year. We pay an extremely reduced rate of $4000 each, plus we have a kid in high school for whom we pay a bit more. We sometimes make our payments a bit late, but we are paid up.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 3:43 pm
I voted 10-30% reduced but it’s not really.

For one child the school jumped tuition by $400/month and then ended up giving options of amounts you can pay per month, I chose the lowest amount, however it’s still $50 more than last years full tuition, so is it really discounted?! Plus I pay lunch fee $50/month which wasn’t last year.

The other kid tuition is $8400 for 12 months plus Daycamp fees and I got a discount (not even 10%)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 3:52 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Absolutely yes. You have to pay the remainder of the tuition if you make more than the income level (I think it's the 400% poverty level but I'm not certain). Depending on a host of factors including exact location and if you were grandfathered into the program before the qualifications changed you could phase out of the program entirely based on income.

I can't speak for other states, but I'm in Ohio and vouchers for elementary school (K-8) is $6166 per child. Full tuition is somewhere between 11-13k. Which we are enormously grateful for but people should be aware that vouchers don't equal free tuition.

In NYC the voucher is for “childcare” until age 12 and the school gets about 12k a month per child. The income limit is high. That’s part of the reason you see people with foodstamps filling up their carts in Brooklyn.

amother
DarkViolet  

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 4:04 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I voted full but I live in BP, chassidish. My total tuition for 3 kids is about 15,000. Very grateful.

I live in Lakewood. My total tuition for three kids including two in high school is around 20,000, but we pay around 15,000. I don't know why people keep saying Chassidish schools are so much cheaper - it's not a huge difference.

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 4:15 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I live in Lakewood. My total tuition for three kids including two in high school is around 20,000, but we pay around 15,000. I don't know why people keep saying Chassidish schools are so much cheaper - it's not a huge difference.

Chassidish is much cheaper than almost all litvish schools except the cheaper Lakewood schools. Average monsey full tuition in mainstream schools is $12k-$15k.

amother
  DarkViolet

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 4:18 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Chassidish is much cheaper than almost all litvish schools except the cheaper Lakewood schools. Average monsey full tuition in mainstream schools is $12k-$15k.

My children are in mainstream Lakewood schools. And there are a LOT of Lakewood schools, so not "almost all" litvish schools.

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 4:28 pm
One discounted due to local government programs other- full
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics