Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What does your 12 month old eat in a day?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:30 pm
She’s my first one and I’m really not sure how much she’s supposed to eat.
She still takes a bottle 2-3 times per day but I would like to cut down to one when she wakes up and one when she goes to sleep.
Please post your baby’s eating schedule

Thank you!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:35 pm
Some milk.in bottle when waking up only
Breakfast - some eggs/banana/yogurt/healthy pancakes/fruits/veg a combination of a few
Lunch - sometimes leftover supper from might before or soup or a cheese sandwhich or eggs if he didn't have in the morning or tuna patties. All with veggies
Supper - whatever were having in a bit of a different form, cut it up cool it down and that's it's Smile
Will usually eat a snack of a fruit or rice cakes or something in the afternoon and throughout the day will come and steal from whatever I'm snacking on top

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:47 pm
Steals whatever I’m eating
Nurses before nap and before bed

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 3:31 pm
Wow!my 12 month old only eats a small supper...shes mostly breastfeeding..shes not interested in food

amother
Valerian  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 4:39 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Wow!my 12 month old only eats a small supper...shes mostly breastfeeding..shes not interested in food
Mine doesn't eat much either. She's still nursing a lot too. It's fine as long as you're offering foods and exposing her to new ones and she's experimenting and taking a few bites here and there.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 4:51 pm
4-5 oz of milk in the morning.
Breakfast- if I’m in the mood to cook or actively feed her I make eggs or pancakes or feed her yogurt. If not I offer toast, cheese stick, rice cakes, muffin. Usually try to offer a fruit at every meal- banana, berries, mandarin oranges, sliced plums or peaches.
Lunch- she’s at a babysitter 9-3. I’ll either send leftover supper if she liked it the night before. I send tons of snacks, bamba, veggie straws, apple sauce pouches, yogurt pouches, rice cakes, pretzel rods, fruit bars, animal crackers.
Dinner is whatever we’re having. I try to offer a veg and a fruit too. Some favorites are chicken and rice, shnitzel, pasta and cheese, meatballs and mashed potatoes. If she isn’t interested dinner I usually offer a toasted bagel or some frozen chicken nuggets.
She has another 4-5 oz of milk before bed

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:37 pm
Still fully breastfeeding. Sometimes a little bit of soup when the other kids eat supper.

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:21 pm
Same issue, my dr said my baby needs to get food, nursing is not enough nutrients for her. But she eats 3 bites then that’s it. Don’t know what todo by my older one was so into read books…now I’m so busy don’t have time to read books….

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Some milk.in bottle when waking up only
Breakfast - some eggs/banana/yogurt/healthy pancakes/fruits/veg a combination of a few
Lunch - sometimes leftover supper from might before or soup or a cheese sandwhich or eggs if he didn't have in the morning or tuna patties. All with veggies
Supper - whatever were having in a bit of a different form, cut it up cool it down and that's it's Smile
Will usually eat a snack of a fruit or rice cakes or something in the afternoon and throughout the day will come and steal from whatever I'm snacking on top

Mine eats similar to this. He loves food.

ChayaKa

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:32 pm
Eggs banana cooked vegetables chicken.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:09 pm
Op you haven’t told us what food yours eats

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:28 pm
My 12 month old eats a tons almost like my 3 yr old! 3 meals and sometimes snacks
Breakfast: usually 2 things
Yogurt
Fruit
Cereal and milk
Ww bread with peanut butter or avocado
Oatmeal
Scrambled eggs or masked hard egg
Munster cheese pieces
Lunch or dinner: 2 things
Pasta
Pizza
Sandwich
Soup with pieces of bread inside
Chicken
Pot kugel
Chulent
I try most foods I’m servining
A bottle by morning nap and bedtime
Sometimes in morning if I’m not avail to serve breakfast right away or it’s very early

ttheswipper

Post Yesterday at 7:21 am
Mine has breakfast- 2 pancakes, slice of cheese and blueberries or manderin oranges
Then she has lunch- chicken patties, rice and cut up cooked veggies
Bottle in between lunch and dinner
the she has supper- Depends on what we have for supper but let's say chicken, peas or zucchini pancakes and broccoli

amother
  Valerian

Post Yesterday at 7:25 am
amother Latte wrote:
Same issue, my dr said my baby needs to get food, nursing is not enough nutrients for her. But she eats 3 bites then that’s it. Don’t know what todo by my older one was so into read books…now I’m so busy don’t have time to read books….
My doctor says this too, but my lactation consultant says it's not true. Not that we shouldn't offer and give baby plenty of chances to taste and experiment, but humans can thrive on breastmilk for much longer than the current medical advice suggests.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics