Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Iso of zucchini soup

amother
OP

Post Today at 6:59 am
I used to make zucchini soup and it was so good but then it started being hit or miss so wondering if anyone has a foolproof recipe with proportions
It had sauteed onions ( I think one mistake was I started over sauteeing the onions, I think it's supposedly to be just lightly sauteed like not turning brown right)
zucchini
oil for sautéing
frozen garlic
water
salt and pepper

I didn't used to put in any potatoes so prefer without but will take a recipe with as well.

amother
Bergamot

Post Today at 7:07 am
This is the best:

Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin
Olive Oil
• 1 large Onion chopped, brown or yellow
• 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
• 2 Ib Zucchini about 5 medium zucchinis (900g), skin on, end trimmed
• 1 pound Potatoes about 2
large starchy potatoes, peeled, (450g) - I used Yukon
• 4 cups Vegetable Stock
• ¾ teaspoon Salt
• 1 pinch Pepper
Optional - to serve per bowl
• 1 tablespoon Cream we used soy cream or coconut cream

Instructions
1. In a large Dutch Oven cast iron pan or large saucepan, heat olive oil, and cook chopped onion and crushed garlic until fragrant - about 3-
4 minutes. Stir often to prevent the onion from cooking too fast.
2. Meanwhile, peel potatoes and trim zucchini ends - keep the zucchini skin on for additional
nutrients.
3. Dice potatoes into cubes of about 1 inch (2.5cm) and thinly slice zucchinis into a half-moon shape of about 1/4 inches (0.6 cm) thickness.
4. Place the chopped vegetable into the saucepan, stir and cook for 6-7 minutes until the zucchinis and potatoes are slightly roasted and fragrant.
5. Pour vegetable stock, cover saucepan with a lid, and bring to boil. Then, reduce to medium/low heat and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
6. Remove saucepan from heat and use an immersion blender to blend the soup. You can also blend in a high-speed blender if your jug can handle hot liquids like the Vitamix brand.
7. Serve with a drizzle of coconut cream or soy cream for extra creamy smooth texture, or some raw shredded zucchini for extra texture if desired. You can also sprinkle 1 teaspoon vegan parmesan on top of the bowl for a cheesy flavor

Theconsciousplantkitchen.com

Chayalle

Post Today at 7:09 am
Maybe it's dependent on what you like? I love the flavor of very-sauteed caramelized onions in a soup.

I just made a zucchini soup the other night, froze leftovers for YT.
in 8 qt pot, sauteed two large onions, minced in 2 cloves of fresh garlic. Put in about 6 medium zucchini (peeled and in chunks). Sauteed for like 10 minutes or so (would do longer, but was shorter on time.) Added salt and pepper, and some fresh dill. Water to cover generously. Brought to a boil, added two pieces of chicken (thighs and drumstick). Let it cook for about 1 1/2 hours. Removed chicken. Pureed the soup. Removed chicken from bones, shredded, and put back into soup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen