Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dunkin’ Donuts Cholov Yisroel?
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 5:47 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
That may be true for their donuts. They definitely don't use powdered milk in their coffee. Regardless, op is asking about actual cheese.

She had said hot chocolate which may be from a powder, I have no idea.
I live out of town which hasn't had a kosher Dunkin Donuts in 20 years or so 😉

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 5:50 pm
Ok I won’t have dunkin🙈I’m craving so many OUD products.. I want Hersheys! And Entenmanns donuts! And crunch chocolate balls!

singleagain  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 5:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok I won’t have dunkin🙈I’m craving so many OUD products.. I want Hersheys! And Entenmanns donuts! And crunch chocolate balls!

If you look at the thread I posted a similar thing where a pregnant lady was craving Chalav stam asked her rabbi and got a psak that it was okay to eat them

You lose nothing by asking your rabbi.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 5:52 pm
What are crunch chocolate balls?

accountantmommy

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:06 pm
Can you get your hands on some croissants? Then you can make your own in a pan or the Betty crocker! Can get vegan sausage too and it is delish! If you don't have a bakery near you that sells croissants you can potentially find frozen ones or frozen cheese borekas that would give the same yum.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:34 pm
singleagain wrote:
If you look at the thread I posted a similar thing where a pregnant lady was craving Chalav stam asked her rabbi and got a psak that it was okay to eat them

Thanks I read it but the products I want are not Dairy Equipment

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:37 pm
Delete

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:50 pm
singleagain wrote:

This

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:52 pm
amother OP wrote:

Omg. Can relate. I was once heavily pregnant and had this obsession with peanuts. At the time, I was working at a nut free facility.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 6:56 pm
FYI- family member who attended MTJ told me that the yeshiva served cholov stam when he was there (a number of years ago). The Feinstein family members that I know personally eat cholov stam as well. Take what you want from that information

Molly Weasley

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
FYI- family member who attended MTJ told me that the yeshiva served cholov stam when he was there (a number of years ago). The Feinstein family members that I know personally eat cholov stam as well. Take what you want from that information

It's clear from this letter 👇 that rav Moshe didn't think CS was just as good as CY. In fact, he advised sticking to CY when readily available

Quote:
"Regarding the matter of milk from companies, even though there are reasons to be lenient, certainly these [leniencies] are only for a place where there is no cholov Yisroel available that is under G-d-fearing Rabbis. But in a place where cholov Yisroel under supervision and the like is available all matter regarding milk one must be stringent."

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

kenz

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 7:30 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

Perhaps many, many years ago. I know people in the last 20 years who went to MTJ and would not knowingly eat chalav stam, I can’t imagine the yeshiivah served it to them. And every family has extended members who do things differently but it is well known Rav Moshe zt”l did not eat chalav stam and its highly unlikely his immediate family members did/do.

singleagain

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 7:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks I read it but the products I want are not Dairy Equipment

The point was that in the gemara it specifically says that if a pregnant woman wants pork on Yom Kippur and cannot be otherwise dissuaded, you're allowed to give it to her like mush it in a slushy drink and give it to her. So based on that, I would still think that it might be worth to ask your Rabbi depending on how strong your craving is and if it cannot be satiated with something else because like I said, I was talking about the pork on Yom Kipper thing, not about even the cy versus not cy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen