Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dunkin’ Donuts Cholov Yisroel?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 9:30 am
Any Dunkin’ Donuts Cholov Yisroel kosher? In NY, or Lakewood, or Monsey? I don’t eat OUD anymore, but I’m pregnant now and craving an egg and cheese croissant and a hot chocolate 😋

amother
Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 9:38 am
The products aren't made from scratch in store. The bakedngoods are all pre-made. Impossible to get it cy.

singleagain  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 11:01 am
Some of them have cy milk but I think that's it. I believe the items are not cy

You can however ask your Rabbi if you can have it anyways. I remember once reading on this website a woman who got a leniency during pregnancy when she had a really serious craving.

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 12:42 pm
singleagain wrote:
Some of them have cy milk but I think that's it. I believe the items are not cy

You can however ask your Rabbi if you can have it anyways. I remember once reading on this website a woman who got a leniency during pregnancy when she had a really serious craving.

Of course there are leniencies, Rav Moshe is an obvious one. However, it's not good for the child's spiritual growth.

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 12:53 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
Of course there are leniencies, Rav Moshe is an obvious one. However, it's not good for the child's spiritual growth.

Rav Moshe's ruling was for chalav stam in general and it's not a leniency. The leniency she is referring to is for pregnant women. It's considered a sakana for women to not have what they are craving, so much so that in some situations even actual treif is allowed.

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:01 pm
amother Fern wrote:
Rav Moshe's ruling was for chalav stam in general and it's not a leniency. The leniency she is referring to is for pregnant women. It's considered a sakana for women to not have what they are craving, so much so that in some situations even actual treif is allowed.

It most definitely is a leniency, he himself never used it.

If the situation is really dire and it's a sakana, then as you said, she can eat non kosher food as well. But there's a long way between a craving and a sakana

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:02 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
It most definitely is a leniency, he himself never used it.

If the situation is really dire and it's a sakana, then as you said, she can eat non kosher food as well. But there's a long way between a craving and a sakana

The craving itself is considered a sakanah for a pregnant woman.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:14 pm
amother Fern wrote:

Do you have a source for this?!

singleagain  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:18 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....64959

Thread from 2021

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:37 pm
amother Fern wrote:

Really? Do you seriously believe that every food craving is a threat to life if not satisfied?

Last edited by Molly Weasley on Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:41 pm
singleagain wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=420109#5464959

Thread from 2021

Practically speaking, unless there's a real threat to life, she's not given non kosher food.

https://www.yeshiva.co/ask/1217

singleagain  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:42 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
Practically speaking, unless there's a real threat to life, she's not given non kosher food.

But you're not the one who makes this judgment. The rabbis are and the rabbis have the gemara on which to pasken

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:46 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
Really? Do you seriously believe that every food craving is a threat to life if not satisfied?

It depends on the level of craving, but it's from gemara, and I think shulchan aruch and mishnah brurah. I'm certainly not basing this on my own thoughts.

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:48 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding. The craving itself is considered the sakanah.

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:49 pm
https://dinonline.org/2011/02/.....food/

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 1:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any Dunkin’ Donuts Cholov Yisroel kosher? In NY, or Lakewood, or Monsey? I don’t eat OUD anymore, but I’m pregnant now and craving an egg and cheese croissant and a hot chocolate 😋

Have you tried Patis and Cookie Corner?

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 2:26 pm
BTW there's an additional heter I've heard for Dunkin Donuts due to powdered milk. I don't know which items they make with that ingredient vs regular milk.

Molly Weasley  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 2:28 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
BTW there's an additional heter I've heard for Dunkin Donuts due to powdered milk. I don't know which items they make with that ingredient vs regular milk.

That may be true for their donuts. They definitely don't use powdered milk in their coffee. Regardless, op is asking about actual cheese.

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 2:40 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Only the glazed donuts use powdered milk.

amother
  Fern

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 2:42 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
That may be true for their donuts. They definitely don't use powdered milk in their coffee. Regardless, op is asking about actual cheese.

The coffee is less problematic. Some locations have cy milk for the coffee. The one near me uses only cy milk.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen